Now this should be illegal!

nmbarta

something a little lighthearted.

I picked up a car I've been looking for for a long time.
Finally found a 2010 2SS camaro w/ a 6 speed manual. Garage kept, beautiful car, black on black and fully loaded at a very good price that I couldn't pass up.
I'd never drove one of these before, but the first thing that came to my mind when I disabled the t/c and stabilatrac, was " these _______ing things should be against the law!!!!" They're worried about guns! This thing is truly scary!

I love that we can still have toys like this. This thing isn't even fast anymore, 0-60 in 4.7 and 13.0@111 is what it's rated at.

It's a gas guzzler though, only gets 25 on the highway (with reports of 30). I'll never get that though.

Just needs cai, headers, cat back, and a good tune. Should run mid to low 12's. I don't really care about that though, it's just something fun.

That's super fun to hear... there's more hot rodders on this site than you would think.
J E Custom, Joel Russo, and myself to name a few. Joel raced a camaro for years. I build Mustangs. J E Custom has a 32 3 window coupe Hi Boy that is the fastest thing on 4 wheels.
For some silly reason, gear heads are also gun nuts.

Congrads on a Sweet Ride !
Not much for Cars but spent sometime on the drag strip with my Sled 16 years ago !
141 mph. In the quarter mile !
At Mid Michigan Motor Plex !
Saying it was a Rush is a understatement!
It's been so long ago I cant remeber my Load or what grain I was Running ! 😃

Rum Man

Rum Man

Attachments

• 2012-02-19_11-04-47_387.jpg
    2012-02-19_11-04-47_387.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 81
something a little lighthearted.

I picked up a car I've been looking for for a long time.
Finally found a 2010 2SS camaro w/ a 6 speed manual. Garage kept, beautiful car, black on black and fully loaded at a very good price that I couldn't pass up.
I'd never drove one of these before, but the first thing that came to my mind when I disabled the t/c and stabilatrac, was " these _______ing things should be against the law!!!!" They're worried about guns! This thing is truly scary!

I love that we can still have toys like this. This thing isn't even fast anymore, 0-60 in 4.7 and 13.0@111 is what it's rated at.

It's a gas guzzler though, only gets 25 on the highway (with reports of 30). I'll never get that though.

Just needs cai, headers, cat back, and a good tune. Should run mid to low 12's. I don't really care about that though, it's just something fun.
Sounds like a nice ride. I think that's pretty quick for a factory ride. I bought a 71 Hemi Challenger back in the 70s. It wasn't as fast in the 1/4 mile. After a stahl convertor, rear gear swap out and both carbs swapped out from the cross ram manifold, it helped it make it into the 11s. 11.2 @ 122 mph. Didn't take much. Just needed help getting off the line faster. Thinking myself about another Challenger but it will stay factory...I think 🤔

That's super fun to hear... there's more hot rodders on this site than you would think.
J E Custom, Joel Russo, and myself to name a few. Joel raced a camaro for years. I build Mustangs. J E Custom has a 32 3 window coupe Hi Boy that is the fastest thing on 4 wheels.
For some silly reason, gear heads are also gun nuts.
John Pierce is a gunsmith but also his shop is a performance engine shop as well. Member Jud96 stated in another thread that he works for John Pierce as a machinist. Maybe he'll chime in. More than likely he's a gear head as well.

I've been out of the loop for a while. My father and I built a 68 Nova that I bought when I was in junior high.
It was a stout 350, 230/236 split lift comp cam. 1.6 2.02 cast heads, shaved ported and polished.
9.75:1, hooker headers, performer rpm and an a holley 650 double pumper. Holeshot 3000 and a built th350 Figured she pushed right about 425.
No power brakes, no sway bar, no seat belts. It was not safe to drive at all, but it was a lot of fun!
was plagued with one wheel wonder 10 bolt. I still could just touch 13's. Lewistown still has a drag strip, my buddies and I would race in the high school class, and luckily none of us got hurt in the street racing we used to do.
The cops all knew me by name, as did the judge. Not something to be proud of, it's just how it was.
I'd like to think that I could just leave this car alone, but I know myself well enough to know better than that.
I don't really like things that are just like everything else out there. Custom guns, custom boat, custom knives, so this will end up a custom car.
I can't believe how much I miss having a muscle car, makes me feel like kid when I'm driving it.
This thing isn't going to be as easy to work on though, I'll need some help with it, but I think I can figure most of it out.

I'll get some pics up soon, I have to get her all cleaned up. Drove it to Billings from Buffalo WY on Sunday. I hated to do it, but didn't have much choice. Lots of ice and snow, I'm half surprised I made. This thing would get stuck in a wet deer turd.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.