Now for a dumb question

As with everything else for this cartridges...nothing is ever easy ! I know, I know yours doesn't have any problems... it must be us. !! I don't think there's a cartridge made that has so many love/hate relationships... God, I love to hate it !!

Squatch

Many of the new dies have a dry film applied to prevent corrosion and will create tons of drag if not properly cleaned. I had your same problem because and I just cleaned the new die with WD40 which did not remove the dry film. The dies directions said to clean the die with Hoppe's bore solvent.

Bottom line, new dies do not have a preservative "oil" film applied to them and a good solvent is needed to remove the new dry film protection.

New dies can also be polished using a snug fitting shotgun cleaning mop and a drill. Apply some J&B bore paste, automotive rubbing compound, etc to the mop and polish the die for smoother sizing.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.