Noveske 6mm ARC Build Complete

ObiWanKannoli

Recently finished up rebarrleing my Gen 3 Noveske to 6mm ARC, and I thought I would share. It was a....less than cost effective build and I bought a lot of very stupid things for it, but I am extremely happy with it. So far, absolutely zero issues and it is shooting at about 0.6 MOA at 100 yards, running ASC 10 round magazines.

Build List -

Lower:

- Noveske Gen 3 Lower, Noveske Tiger Eye Brown

- Geissele SD-E

- Reptilia CQC Grip

- VSeven Titanium Grip Screw

- VSeven Titanium Trigger Pins

- VSeven Titanium 57° Safety

- VSeven Titanium Mag Catch / Release

- VSeven Titanium Buffer Retainer

- VSeven S7 Tool Steel Bolt Catch

- Forward Controls Design Carbine Buffer Tube

- PWS Ratcheting Castle Nut

- Geissele Super 42, H2 Weight

- Tippman Brace

Upper:

- Novekse Gen 3 Upper Reciever, Noveske Tiger Eye Brown

- Noveske Gen 3 NSR MLok Handguard, Noveske Tiger Eye Brown

- Noveske Marked RCA BCG, RCA 6.5G Bolt, POF Roller Cam Pin.

- Noveske Marked Geissele Airborn Charging Handle

- Proof Research 14.5" 6mm ARC Carbon Barrel, Intermediate Length Gas, Lapped Receiver Face, Bedded Barrel

- Noveske Mark Superlative Arms Adjustable Bleed-Off Gas Block

- Liberty Precision Machine Flash Hider

- Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10

- Reptilia AUS 34mm Mount

- VSeven Titanium Port Door Rod

- Reptilia Socket

- RailScales RSB/M

- RailScales Grips

- Cloud Defense REIN 2.0

Bipod is a Rugged Ridge Outdoor, Suppressor is my JK Armament Form 1.

20220621_125054~3.jpg

20220621_133138~4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

- Andrew

I've been killing coyotes with mine since January of last year, so about a year and a half. I don't know that anyone could convince me that there has ever been a better coyote round.

I don't. We don't have any hogs where I live, and I can't seem to get anyone to give me permission anywhere that has hogs. I'd expect it to perform admirably. I should have shot a whitetail with it by now, but our deer numbers are down, so I have gone from 10-20 deer a year to one or two for the freezer. I'm certain it will fold deer like a lawn chair though.

I did shoot a prs match with mine in September. I had a 22" barrel on, shooting factory 108gr eld-x at 2800. I didn't have the top guys sweating or anything, but I didn't embarrass myself. I was regularly hitting 1.5-2 moa targets at 1000y with an 8lb rifle.

I share the same sentiment based on what I've read and watched so far regarding terminal performance on game. sheesh that is pretty **** good. Can't complain about that! Especially if you are not doing prs often or regularly.

That is great to hear, I have heard good things with hogs too. You have any experience with it on white tail?
I know it's a little bit different and I think the 6mm might be better than its 6.5mm brother, but I shot a small buck this last fall with my 6.5 Grendel and it acted like nothing happened to it. It was a perfect shot with a 120gr Nosler BT, it tried to run off and when it stopped I put one in the back of its dome. This was all within probably 50-75 yards. I really like my Grendel but I think it's going to be reserved for coyotes and the like. Just the experience I had.

Sweet rig!! Do you like the butt stock? I have never seen a blade style on a longer range setup is why I am asking.

I know it's a little bit different and I think the 6mm might be better than its 6.5mm brother, but I shot a small buck this last fall with my 6.5 Grendel and it acted like nothing happened to it. It was a perfect shot with a 120gr Nosler BT, it tried to run off and when it stopped I put one in the back of its dome. This was all within probably 50-75 yards. I really like my Grendel but I think it's going to be reserved for coyotes and the like. Just the experience I had.

Yikes, that is not a good sign for me. Maybe I'll try it this season or just leave mine to small game and steel then. My 300 PRC certainly doesn't let many things walk away 😁

Sweet rig!! Do you like the butt stock? I have never seen a blade style on a longer range setup is why I am asking.

So, unfortunately I live in an AWB State so I need to own an AR15 in the "Other Firearm" configuration. That is why this firearm has a Pistol Brace and not a buttstock.

To fit this criteria, you essentially need a magazine fed, centerfire, semiautomatic firearm that is over 26" OAL, 12"+ Barrel, Verticle Foregrip, and a Pistol Brace. The reciever must also start life as a Virgin Lower, and cannot have ever been designated as a Pistol, rifle, etc.

Yikes, that is not a good sign for me. Maybe I'll try it this season or just leave mine to small game and steel then. My 300 PRC certainly doesn't let many things walk away 😁
Like I said I think the 6mm ARC might be more potent due to the added velocity. I've actually been thinking about getting a 6mm ARC barrel for mine. I'd give it a try and not be too worried about it.

Recent Posts