P1010068.jpg

Wyott installed
P1010069.jpg

Action trued and lapped
P1010071.jpg

P1010081.jpg

and the brake
P1010078.jpg

I got the 260 rem match chamber done yesterday and engraved the barrel and assembled the barreled action today here are some pics
P1010083.jpg

P1010084.jpg

P1010085.jpg

I am planning on test firing it in the morning

Its all done. Just got it in the stock and fitted the stock (had to make the bigger mag box fit, and the bolt handle was hitting the stock a little. Still not bedded, but wanna go break the barrel in and see how she does...

completed.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics. Me and the misses just split up, and well needless to say I dont have any furniture, boat, livestock trailer, or digi camera anymore... So this was done with the cell phone...

Looks like a **** good picture to me and a sweet looking rig. Let us know how it shoots.

sorry to here about your split up

Looking good in that stock give us a report when you get a chance to shoot.

Just went to my dads place, used his lathe and turned some pillars for it. Gonna try and bed it this weekend, we will see though. I couldnt wait, took it out to the local 100yrd range to do some load testing, started with 40.5 grains of H4350, and worked up to 41.5 in .5 grain increments. The more powder the better the groups got. At 41.5 there was still nor pressure signs, so gonna load up some more, but wanna pillar bed first... With no bedding I was getting about .5 MOA 5 shot group out of it with the 41.5gr H4350 and the 140 VLD; its ognna be a shooter, and I know those groups will definately shrink. Also want to try some RL17.

In escrow with a house right now so thats got me busy... Thinking about doing something stupid like headin down to the Featherlite dealer and buy a new 20ft gooseneck stock trailer... Might have to haul a bull 800 miles this weekend as well...

I am dying to get this thing bedded and a load worked up though... I wish I had more time....

BTW Eric.. That brake is amazing! I could watch the bullet punch the paper @ 100yrds, it has no recoil and no muzzle flip, and it doesnt blast the shooter either!

BTW Eric.. That brake is amazing! I could watch the bullet punch the paper @ 100yrds, it has no recoil and no muzzle flip, and it doesnt blast the shooter either!

That was the idea of it when Neal Copper suggested the design concept and name for the MUSCLE Brake. And I invested a considerable amount of resources to design and mass produce the line of now 7 different Muscle Brakes.

I sell them to individuals and offer excellent dealer pricing to gunsmiths in an effort to prevent copycat manf. I know I can not stop them all but I would appreciate they not market there imitations on a site I pay to sponsor on.

I don't think that is too much to ask.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f23/new-concept-muzzle-brakes-44252/index11.html#post413618

That was the idea of it when Neal Copper suggested the design concept and name for the MUSCLE Brake. And I invested a considerable amount of resources to design and mass produce the line of now 7 different Muscle Brakes.

I sell them to individuals and offer excellent dealer pricing to gunsmiths in an effort to prevent copycat manf. I know I can not stop them all but I would appreciate they not market there imitations on a site I pay to sponsor on.

I don't think that is too much to ask.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f23/new-concept-muzzle-brakes-44252/index11.html#post413618

I dont wanna ruffle anyones feathers here, and definitely dont want to get into an argument on the internet. So if you want to talk further about this PM me and ill give you my cell number.

I can tell you that this break was my idea, not Eric's, I had seen slab breaks, round breaks and breaks with ports aimed back, or to the side, but not a combo. Not to mention he ports on the top. Also After looking at your MUSCLE brake I noticed it doesn't have the ports out the top. This brake was something I talked to Eric about, and my thought was that a port running perpendicular to the boar would divert the gas of the angled ports so the shooter didn't get blasted. I didn't know you had done it, I also had Eric make the ports on the top angled back as well.

There can only be so many different break designs till they start overlapping, I mean people could argue that your break looks similar to Cirbys pain killer. Or they could argue that the brake I have on my rifle looks similar to Nate's SSG brake...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.