Not New But First Post

jwbronco

I've been reading this forum for a few years but I've never taken the time to introduce myself. My name is Josh and I live in Florida now but I'm from Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm retired from the Air Force, that's what brought me to Florida. I don't do as much hunting as I'd like but I like shooting when I get a chance. Figured I've enjoyed reading this forum a lot so it's time to post.

How many posts do you have to have on here to be able to reply to classifieds? There are a lot of good deals on here for optics and guns.

I read the first part of the rules and it looks like it takes 10 posts.

What did you do in the AF. I worked on electronics in the early 70's with the AF.

Welcome. There are a lot of good people on here with a lot of great knowledge. Thank you for your service. And that thanks goes to all who have served.

I read the first part of the rules and it looks like it takes 10 posts.

What did you do in the AF. I worked on electronics in the early 70's with the AF.
I worked on electronics (Radios) which later turned into everything RF. Thanks for the info on 10 posts, I don't know how I missed it.

Welcome from a newbie.

I'n addition to shooting, I'm a vintage HiFi stereo hobbiest... Just know enough to be dangerous with a soldering iron!

Good to know about the classifieds, as I always have gun parts and accessories for sale.

Regards,
Bill

Welcome from a newbie.

I'n addition to shooting, I'm a vintage HiFi stereo hobbiest... Just know enough to be dangerous with a soldering iron!

Good to know about the classifieds, as I always have gun parts and accessories for sale.

Regards,
Bill
I've built some of the tube amplifier kits they have available for family. I've always loved how tube amps sound, add so much life to the sound. I make LED lights too for a hobby but since my son is younger it's hard to keep my solder stuff out to work on random projects.

Understood... I have grown kids and a workshop, but too many hobbies. Build custom fishing rods too, but never attempted a tube kit. Love the solid state stuff from the stereo wars days... 80 pound monster receivers and monolith tower speakers. Scrounge em, fix em, listen for a while and sell em. Kind of the same with my gun collection... Never a clear workbench!

Understood... I have grown kids and a workshop, but too many hobbies. Build custom fishing rods too, but never attempted a tube kit. Love the solid state stuff from the stereo wars days... 80 pound monster receivers and monolith tower speakers. Scrounge em, fix em, listen for a while and sell em. Kind of the same with my gun collection... Never a clear workbench!
I've never built a tube amp for myself. If I were to build one for myself I'd build a low power amp to be a preamp for a high quality solid state amp. The tube would fill in the voids of digital music. Hard to play music hard now with young ears and a wife...lol

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.