Not good News, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm just reading this, and my heart is breaking. Someone I have never had the fortune to meet, but yet I held him in the highest regard. He was one of those guys on this forum, that if I could I would have tried to find an excuse to meet, as he was just such an amazing individual. Knowing only a small piece of who the man was and feeling the sorrow of his loss, I cannot imagine what his close friends and family must be going through.

To JE's friends and family, you may not know me, but I am truely sorry for your loss. He was an outstanding human being, and he is certainly in a better place now. God bless

I didn't know JE but I felt like I did. This one hits me hard. Harder than I thought it would. I benefited greatly from his knowledge. He never got caught up in the BS arguments that tend to happen on the internet these days. When I saw that avatar I knew I should slow down and carefully read what was written. Truly a man worth celebrating.

I join the others in prayer.
Like CodyAdams, I just learned of Jerry, JECustoms passing away from Covid. Cody, your post echos what I am feeling, and, like FEENEX, I, too, tuned into what JECustoms had to say as soon as I joined this forum. I just finished praying asking our Lord Jesus to come alongside Jerry's family and friends and comfort them. I have no way of knowing how he contracted Covid but please alow me to encourage all of you and your families to use all precautions by following CDC guidelines and doing all we can to protect ourselves, our families and our neighbors. Please let Jerry's passing be a constant reminder that we are in a fight for life and I urge all of you to be safe, stay safe, and help your neighbor. JE, I respected you and admired the way you conducted yourself on this forum. You are missed! Dan in Montana

The many words already shared captures the real respect and true feelings this community has for JE. His commitment to support all levels of shooters with sincere respect has us all feeling empty at this time. To the family my sincere sympathies for your loss. Find some satisfaction that those he met, as well as the many he never met, gained a real respect for a great man.
God Bless.

Just read this thread and am truly saddened. Sent pm's to him a number of times and he was always willing to help. Anytime I was scrolling through a thread, if I saw his post, I stopped to read what he had to stay. We've truly lost a friend in the reloading and shooting world. RIP Jerry...

Seriously, when I first joined the forum, he called me on the phone to talk about a muzzle brake question I posted on here. Dude was awesome.

I am truly saddened by this news. Thoughts and prayers to his family and hope they find peace in this loss.

I always looked forward to JE's responses and put great weight to the information shared. He was without fail respectful of others and a true trove of knowledge. We are less here without him. I will echo the request to keep his posts. I have several of his knowledge threads bookmarked and refer to them when that information is needed. He was truly a pillar on this forum as I am certain he was to all around him.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.