Not good News, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RIP. I haven't been a member of this group long, went back and read some of his posts, and this is a loss for everyone. Great guy who was always willing to share his knowledge and experience. My condolences to the family.
You are correct JE would help anyone with a problem and do it in a way that never made me or anyone else feel stupid that they did not know the answer he would take the time to explain why it was the way it was and at the same time listen to your thoughts. He will most certainly be missed by all

Had the chance to go over to JE's shop and help organize things for the family .. took some pictures

The main work area
IMG_7653.JPG

Numerous medals he had won at past matches
IMG_7654.JPG

IMG_7655.JPG

His 32 Coupe that he had built years ago .. 572 BB
IMG_7656.JPG

Last year, JE was getting some negative feedback on a topic here. I felt bad about what was being said to him. So, I sent him a personal message saying that I looked forward to his posts and people should try to take the negative "off line" so as to not ruin the post/thread.
Here was his response to me:

"
Thank you Bob.

Guys like you are the reason I keep posting and keep getting beat up. But if I can help just one person I am ok with that. I learned most of my lessons the hard way, so maybe i can save others from this.

Thanks again

Jerry"

That's the kind of guy we should always strive to be. JE Custom.

It looks like this thread has reached it's end but I'm going to post anyway....for JE's sake.
I only found out today because I happened to glance at ButterBean's tagline. I was wondering why JE hadn't posted in a long time. Like all of you have said this is a sad loss for our community. No offense to the rest of you but JE was the one person I believed when he spoke.

I remember when I was hired at an entry-level position out of college. During my first performance evaluation, my boss point out a co-worker and tells me, "If you want to be successful, model yourself after that person." Well, THAT person was JE when it comes to this forum.

Jerry was laid to rest February 25th. A small celebration of life was held for family and friends. The LRH family was mentioned during the service, and how 12 pages of responses showed just how much Jerry was respected. Following the service, Jerry received a 21 gun solute representing his time in the US Coast Guard.
There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. I read this thread often. I miss him.

Last edited:
Jerry was laid to rest February 25th. A small celebration of life was held for family and friends. The LRH family was mentioned during the service, and how 12 pages of responses showed just how much Jerry was respected. Following the service, Jerry received a 21 gun solute representing his time in the US Cost Guard.
There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. I read this thread often. I miss him.
That is a sad, but wonderful update.

Thank you for passing this information along.

Jerry was laid to rest February 25th. A small celebration of life was held for family and friends. The LRH family was mentioned during the service, and how 12 pages of responses showed just how much Jerry was respected. Following the service, Jerry received a 21 gun solute representing his time in the US Coast Guard.
I forgot he was a vet!!!

I wish he was still around so I give him crap for being in the Coast Guard!! ;)

The pics of his shop were awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Brother, our friend Jerry is in a much better place now. He will forever be in your heart, and I do not have to remind you what he would want you to do as you already captured it on your sig line. Cheers!

Ed

Somehow I missed this. WOW!

Funny the attachments we sometimes get with people we never met.

I learned a bunch from him, both about firearms, and and online conduct.

Class act, irreplaceable, so many positives running through my head right now.

Prayers for family, I share your sadness.

I can't believe I missed this , I am deeply saddened by the news that Jerry has past away. I will miss his contribution to this forum , although I never met him I felt like I knew him from his words as he chimed in on various discussions. Jerry you always have me a reason for pause and to reread your post. You are missed RIP

I just got off the phone with JECustoms' brother. JE is not doing well. He caught the virus and is in the hospital on a ventilator. Over the years JECustom has provided LOTS of worthwhile info on this site. I hope the best for him! Just thought some of the "old timers" on this site would be interested to know, as we haven't seen JE post in awhile. My prayers for Jerry and his Family.........
My thoughts & prayers are with JE Custom. I have valued his opinion and thoughts as well as his posting on this web page.
Please let him know that my thoughts as well as prayers are with him.
He is truly a valued individual and I for one certainly hopes he makes a speedy as well as safe recovery.
May God Bless JE and his entire family.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.