Not getting in the mood for the holidays.

Thescandinavian

Tomorrow is suposed to be the big day, my 5yo is looking forward to it and so is the wife.
The 2yo did not quite understand the concept, but I could not care less.
I do however get in the mood sonewhere around 26-28th.
I think some of it is rooted to the fact that back in 1950 something the christian conservative party made some deal with the labour party to forbid hunting during the holydays. I now got 12 hours left to finish off something and then I need wait until august before I once again can hunt anything that can be eaten.
Put 3red deer to sleep this season and a roe so I probably should not complain, but still.
Maybe turning old, grumpy and bitter.

Tomorrow is suposed to be the big day, my 5yo is looking forward to it and so is the wife.
The 2yo did not quite understand the concept, but I could not care less.
I do however get in the mood sonewhere around 26-28th.
I think some of it is rooted to the fact that back in 1950 something the christian conservative party made some deal with the labour party to forbid hunting during the holydays. I now got 12 hours left to finish off something and then I need wait until august before I once again can hunt anything that can be eaten.
Put 3red deer to sleep this season and a roe so I probably should not complain, but still.
Maybe turning old, grumpy and bitter.
I'm Christian but am finding myself in Grinch mode this year. It's been a tough year around here so I'm giving myself some leeway. I hate musicals but found myself listening to the Grinch musical the other night and strangely I felt alittle better. And then got some good news about a friend yesterday so that helped too. Easy to get old and bitter as time goes on. I try to focus on the many blessings that are around me. I hope and pray you feel better. Merry Christmas everyone.

I find bourbon help
Numbing the logical parts of the brain migth help.
If I could go hunting trough the holidays it would ve soo much better.
The wife is happy that I wound walk out the door once there is light and weather for hunting.
Funny I had no bourbon yesterday, but got a bottle in exchange for some meat.

You should count your blessings. I get to hunt once every 4-5 years. I'm just too cheap to pay thousands of dollars for a lease that I have to drive 2+ hours to get to. On top of that the range I was using was closed down and the public range shut down due to Covid-19. I'm a grinch through and through and struggle this time of year every year. On a positive note, this time of year passes every year and by March everything will be getting better.

Woodford reserve is my top choice as well.

You got 3 deer and a roe, I'd be pretty happy. We get one tag for deer and that's it and its not like they are everywhere to even guarantee a shot at one.

Just me but I'd be thankfull for what you have, starting with your family. Sometimes we get caught up in dumb stuff and lose sight of what really matters, not saying hunting doesn't cause it sure does, but it ain't the end of the world. I'm sure your family will like a nice memory of dad being in the spirit and not being a grinch LOL.

Some members here have lost dear ones this year to accidents, crime, disasters, covid, etc, but we still have to move on and be thankful we are still here and

You can try to find something else to fill that void for after the holidays, example ypu can create or make up a new tradition with your family, do something together for a few days that you will now do every year.

And yes, some type of liquor will help every once in a while. LOL

Stay safe and God bless

Norway can be rough this time of year. What do have, like 2 hrs of daylight?

Keep your head up, days are getting longer. Enjoys the holidays. In no time, it will be June, 70 degF days with 22 hrs sunlight.

Norway can be rough this time of year. What do have, like 2 hrs of daylight?

Keep your head up, days are getting longer. Enjoys the holidays. In no time, it will be June, 70 degF days with 22 hrs sunlight.
Headed out when I spotted a small, but bright moon. Soon there was a 5 deer walking at an rather comfertable distance. Picked a calf and it came home for the holidays. Now bourbon time I supose.

Attachments

• IMG_20201223_231134_918.jpg
    IMG_20201223_231134_918.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 35
If you cant hunt stands to reason the game warden cant be wardening so go "bird watching" take protection and bolo for rabid atheist deer

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.