Not enough zoom.

DONTSTROKEME

I have a Kodak 612z digital camera, but when I zoom in on the animals it isn't enough to come out clear. Is there a way to get this camera to be used with a magnifier? Or do I need a better camera with interchangeable lenses?

Joe Oakes

Joe, I am not familiar with that particular model but your guess is probably correct.

What would be the cheapest route to get a good quality camera set up to take LR photos? I see alot of them out there but am not sure what the key points are, is the Megapixel the most important or can it be in the 12 MP range but need to have interchangeable lenses?

Anything at 5 megapixel and up is fine. This topic is hard to address since there is such a wide range of equipment available budget-wise. For big game, 300 to 400mm is necessary. For birds 600 or more is necessary.

Cost range for camera and lens is from $1,000 to $a-whole-bunch.

Depends how good of quality you want. I want a digital slr, but I'm stuck with my 4X kodak right now. I improvised on a moose hunt though. This is a pic taken at around 600 yds holding my kodak at 4X behind a pair of 8X steiners off the top of my pack.

100_1139.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.