Not as good as I used to be. Getting old is no fun.

Johnny Huff

Getting old means you don't see as good as when you were young. At 73 I still go to the range. I bought Savage rifles last year when they had $100.00 rebate, 243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 WSM, 338 Win. I have a 300 Win Mag., Winchester XPR, and last Charles Daly in .375 H & H Mag.
With prices in Texas for hunting I have been going to a high fence ranch and using the .375 to take three Scimitar Horned Oryx. I reload all my brass and shotgun hulls from .410 to 12 Gauge.

Ha Ha I resemble that sentiment. at age 55 my body said we are going to punish you now. Since then (almost 67 now), two shoulder operations, two neck operations, 6 back procedures, one knee replacement and the other is bad and both ankles. Too **** much fun in the military.

Welcome Johnny ,yeah I used to giggle when I was younger and heard ,getting old ain't for sissies , guess what their Right!!! Remember the hare n turtle ? Rock on Johnny good on you !!! Cheers

It sounds like you are still shooting, hunting, and reloading, so hang in there. If the decreasing vision is from cataracts, they are quickly and easily removed and a clear lens implanted to get you seeing well again. Life only stops if you do...so keep going! I'd sure like to see a picture of a Scimitar Horned Oryx if you can post one on here.

Getting old means you don't see as good as when you were young. At 73 I still go to the range. I bought Savage rifles last year when they had $100.00 rebate, 243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 WSM, 338 Win. I have a 300 Win Mag., Winchester XPR, and last Charles Daly in .375 H & H Mag.
With prices in Texas for hunting I have been going to a high fence ranch and using the .375 to take three Scimitar Horned Oryx. I reload all my brass and shotgun hulls from .410 to 12 Gauge.

This is a fully grown female oryx at Fossil Rim Wildlife Preserve near Glenrose Texas.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 151
Welcome! At 52, I've decided to stop lugging my Summit Climbing stand into the Woods in favor of ladder stands. Gone are the days I could climb down to about 5 ft. and vault out of the stand or out of the bed of my pick-up!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.