Not as good as I used to be. Getting old is no fun.

J

Johnny Huff

Getting old means you don't see as good as when you were young. At 73 I still go to the range. I bought Savage rifles last year when they had $100.00 rebate, 243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 WSM, 338 Win. I have a 300 Win Mag., Winchester XPR, and last Charles Daly in .375 H & H Mag.
With prices in Texas for hunting I have been going to a high fence ranch and using the .375 to take three Scimitar Horned Oryx. I reload all my brass and shotgun hulls from .410 to 12 Gauge.

B

BountyHunter

Ha Ha I resemble that sentiment. at age 55 my body said we are going to punish you now. Since then (almost 67 now), two shoulder operations, two neck operations, 6 back procedures, one knee replacement and the other is bad and both ankles. Too **** much fun in the military.

J

jjmp

Welcome Johnny ,yeah I used to giggle when I was younger and heard ,getting old ain't for sissies , guess what their Right!!! Remember the hare n turtle ? Rock on Johnny good on you !!! Cheers

Frog4aday

Frog4aday

LRH Team Member
It sounds like you are still shooting, hunting, and reloading, so hang in there. If the decreasing vision is from cataracts, they are quickly and easily removed and a clear lens implanted to get you seeing well again. Life only stops if you do...so keep going! I'd sure like to see a picture of a Scimitar Horned Oryx if you can post one on here.

J

Johnny Huff

Getting old means you don't see as good as when you were young. At 73 I still go to the range. I bought Savage rifles last year when they had $100.00 rebate, 243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 WSM, 338 Win. I have a 300 Win Mag., Winchester XPR, and last Charles Daly in .375 H & H Mag.
With prices in Texas for hunting I have been going to a high fence ranch and using the .375 to take three Scimitar Horned Oryx. I reload all my brass and shotgun hulls from .410 to 12 Gauge.

J

Johnny Huff

This is a fully grown female oryx at Fossil Rim Wildlife Preserve near Glenrose Texas.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 130
wildcat455

wildcat455

Welcome aboard @Johnny Huff !!
My dad is 80 and is going elk hunting to Utah with me this year, so there's still some miles left in you if you keep after it. He's taking his 375 H&H with him on that trip, too.

Ill be 56 in a few days and my eyesight is shot compared to my dad's.
Hope I can still see when I'm your age!

YZ-80

YZ-80

Welcome! At 52, I’ve decided to stop lugging my Summit Climbing stand into the Woods in favor of ladder stands. Gone are the days I could climb down to about 5 ft. and vault out of the stand or out of the bed of my pick-up!

J

just country

morning, Ditto's on the aging. justme gbot tum