Not allowed to voice problems with vendors that are also site sponsors , what a joke.

Re: Not allowed to voice problems with vendors that are also site sponsors , what a j

I was quite sure this was the case. My concerns were more centered on the language members sometimes use with each other. I bump around on a few other sites and I am often amazed at how members on these other boards treat an individual who has asked a "stupid" question, or expressed an opinion that may be green or "uninformed". The members on some of these other sites quickly escalate it into something where things are said that are difficult to take back or undo. I usually send the individual a pm just to let them know that it is sometimes a tough crowd and that their behavior or question was not so terrible as to go commit suicide as some respondents suggested. Rarely do I get a response to my pm. Most of the time, they never return to post again.

Re: Not allowed to voice problems with vendors that are also site sponsors , what a j

I know what you mean about the way people get treated for asking a question. There's no stupid legitimate question but I've seen a lot of stupid answers over time. I can never understand why people can't just ignore what they don't like and read something else instead of thinking that they just have to say something and by treating somebody like they are beneath them. Thankfully stuff like that is very rare around here but on the internet you never know who's going to show up. :)

I know what you mean about the way people get treated for asking a question. There's no stupid legitimate question but I've seen a lot of stupid answers over time. I can never understand why people can't just ignore what they don't like and read something else instead of thinking that they just have to say something and by treating somebody like they are beneath them. Thankfully stuff like that is very rare around here but on the internet you never know who's going to show up. :)
How true this is! I used to visit a "local" forum regularly. If you happen to ask a question that happens to go over their heads (like , Does anyone have any personal experience with ratchet rifled or canted rifled barrels?) you can really get 'jumped' on. I got responces I couldn't believe. I provided a 'link' that has a pretty good pic of the difference between conventional & ratchet rifling and I'm not sure anyone bothered to look, they had already made up their minds it was a stupid question. I'm 53 years young, I was raised to believe "POLITENESS MATTERS", and , it does. Treat others as you would want them to treat you. Some can be "Big Bad Americans" when all they have to do is push the 'enter' button. I don't visit that 'local' forum any more.

+1 w/shortgrass on "Some can be "Big Bad Americans" when all they have to do is push the 'enter' button."

Kinda reminds me about how some folks are when they are in their car...they'll cut ya off, beep for the slightest thing, give ya the finger and so on. I've heard the reason alot of folks who do this is because of some mindset or something that when your in your car your in your personal space and one also feels protected...something along those lines. Anyway they do stuff they probably wouldn't do outside their car or to you face to face.

Edited by Len

locotrician:

Please drop the issue. We'd like you to stay as an active member, just don't want any more of the complaint to go on any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Issue dropped. Wishes granted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guys, thanks much for your support and understanding of the rule. It's great to know you have my back.

The rule is not for potential slander of only Sponsors, it is for ANY vendor. These forum based rants about customer service or similar issues can be so one sided. Who knows what the facts are. And I don't mean a poster would lie, but rather be wrong in his interpretation of the facts.

An example lately is what is happening to Toyota in the press. I just hate it when these things happen. I don't know what the facts are in the Toyota case but you just just about bet that most of the facts as reported by the main stream media are wrong or exaggerated and politically motivated.

Len, don't post much here, but you run an awesome site along with all the other admins. You have done much to promote, and influence me, on the "sport" of long range hunting...My gf is too fond of you guys (costs a little money) :)

Thanks again,
Parker

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.