Not allowed to voice problems with vendors that are also site sponsors , what a joke.

locotrician

Invisible
This site used to be all about the shooting but now it's so commercial that your not allowed to talk about problems you have with suppliers if they are site sponsors. The almighty dollar trumps what this site is supposed to be about

Re: Not allowed to voice problems with vendors that are also site sponsors , what a j

I read your post about pacific tool and guage. I am just a regular guy that loves to hunt and shoot long range. The problem with guys like you is your just looking for a shoulder to cry on. Just like a little kid running and crying to mommy for help. You look like a real jack *** making posts on a public board like this because you mis understood the deal. It has nothing to do with problems with vendors its LACK OF PLANNING ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON EVERYONE ELSES PART. Act like an adult and just admit you miss understood the deal pay the extra $138 dollars and suck it up no one is going to feel sorry for you.

I would be all ears to listen to what you have to say if you had a reasonable complaint. In this case you are WRONG. So before you go bashing any more companies on this board or any other board make sure you have a good reason to complain.

Re: Not allowed to voice problems with vendors that are also site sponsors , what a j

If you didn't like the rule you should have said something when he made it.

Len has been a peaceful person since any of us have known him and he likes a peaceful forum. Len has not changed and this is nothing new and your complaint about Len is bogus which then leads one to wonder about the validity of your original complaint which I did not bother to read.

Suck it up, we all make mistakes and we all get the bad end of the stick sometimes. I am sure I spent more money going to South Carolina pig hunting than you did with Pacific.

I quit visiting a 'local' forum because of the "cronic complainers and know it alls", life's too short man , give it a break!

This site used to be all about the shooting but now it's so commercial that your not allowed to talk about problems you have with suppliers if they are site sponsors. The almighty dollar trumps what this site is supposed to be about
Strange that anyone would complain about a site and anything related to being commercial when they, and everyone else, get to use it for free and are not required to help with the costs to maintain said site in any way.

Again, this is the site rule I quoted for you and it applies to any supplier or manufacturer.

8) There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with suppliers or manufacturers. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately.
For those interested, you can see the site rules here: LongRangeHunting.com Online Magazine and Forums - FAQ

If I come to your house, I play by your rules, If I don't like them then I can graciously and politely excuse my self and leave.

If you come to my house, then you play by my rules, If you don't like them then I'd expect you graciously and politely excuse yourself and leave.

This is Len's house, then you play by his rules, It's ok if you don't like the rules as long as you follow them or you can leave but in either case be gracious and polite.

PS I don't think any of the rules are inappropriate or overbearing. Thanks for a Great Site Len and a job well done by the Moderators.

Odd how this is the least moderated board that I know of with the easiest going people and people still get there panties in a knot. I read nothing about the rule being just for paid sponsors but any company your having a problem with so there doesn't seem to be any relation to sponsorship and having to be a big boy on a free public forum.
Len's living room Len's rules, we should be grateful guests!!!

There is no way Len can validate slander, but in a sense he's accountable for damages unchecked from his site. So IMO, it's a **** good rule.
This is not an appropriate place to target anyone specifically.

You might have provided a general example of reamer order issues, etc. And solicited similar examples, opinions & experiences. No names.
That would work, I think for anyone here.

Alot of times we compare one name to another. It's passing opinions in discussion, without malice.
But we don't target with a negative thread for the sole purpose of hurting a name.

I've made mistakes in this regard.. Learned from them.

My advice to people who complain is to take it up with the vendor. Nobody here can make you happy with your experience.

I dont know what the problem was, but call the vendor and if you are calm and able to articulate your problem, and there is actually a problem that is THEIR fault, then I bet you will get what you want.

If the problem is your misunderstanding the product, call the vendor.

If you didnt get what you wanted, send it back. Or call the vendor.

If you cant get any satisfaction from the vendor, then bringing the problem to the board for discussion is fine, someone here may have had the same experience and a possible solution. But dont start out rapping the vendor, or even mentioning their name. Ask for help and try to find a solution. Even the board owner would probably like to know if there is a site sponsor that is screwing everyone, since he is a consumer also. But this doesnt appear to be the case.

Good luck!

OK---this is killing me!!! Someone please PM me with what happened. I have dealt with Dave Kiff for years on many items from reamers to bottom metal and never had an issue. Always great service and great product. Curiosity is killing me on this one.

OK got the PM --- Thanks TH!

Very evident that this was a communication issue by someone who is not knowledgeable about buying reamers.

Last edited:

Guys, thanks much for your support and understanding of the rule. It's great to know you have my back.

The rule is not for potential slander of only Sponsors, it is for ANY vendor. These forum based rants about customer service or similar issues can be so one sided. Who knows what the facts are. And I don't mean a poster would lie, but rather be wrong in his interpretation of the facts.

An example lately is what is happening to Toyota in the press. I just hate it when these things happen. I don't know what the facts are in the Toyota case but you just just about bet that most of the facts as reported by the main stream media are wrong or exaggerated and politically motivated.

My reply was deleted along with Locotrician's post. I was wondering if my total number of posts went down by one when ss7mm deleted it. If so, would you take one off of locotricians and put it on mine?
Just trying to liven things up a bit.

I couldn't help but notice that locotrician is a silver member with 180 posts. He has obviously contributed to the forum in many ways. Let me emphasize at the start of my remarks that I don't know locotrician and believe I have only had one interaction with him on LRH.

I have not read his original post about pt&g, but I would hope that our member responses would take into consideration the fact the he was probably just venting - as we all do from time to time. If we allow ourselves to respond in like fashion, then I submit that we are guilty of the same conduct we found so reprehensible in his original post. There are ways to "set things right" without personal attacks and name calling. I see this all the time on other boards. I would hate to see it begin here.

While I am sure that Dave Kiff and PT&G appreciate our defense of them, it probably isn't necessary. Anyone who does research on either of them will generally find that both enjoy sterling reputations. I just got my first reamer from them (.243 Tactical Match) and would recommend both to anyone without reservation. It is obvious the locotrician had a different experience. It happens. At this point, let's just allow him to extricate his foot from the bear trap and invite him to post again with us on LRH.

I couldn't help but notice that locotrician is a silver member with 180 posts. He has obviously contributed to the forum in many ways. Let me emphasize at the start of my remarks that I don't know locotrician and believe I have only had one interaction with him on LRH.

I have not read his original post about pt&g, but I would hope that our member responses would take into consideration the fact the he was probably just venting - as we all do from time to time. If we allow ourselves to respond in like fashion, then I submit that we are guilty of the same conduct we found so reprehensible in his original post. There are ways to "set things right" without personal attacks and name calling. I see this all the time on other boards. I would hate to see it begin here.

While I am sure that Dave Kiff and PT&G appreciate our defense of them, it probably isn't necessary. Anyone who does research on either of them will generally find that both enjoy sterling reputations. I just got my first reamer from them (.243 Tactical Match) and would recommend both to anyone without reservation. It is obvious the locotrician had a different experience. It happens. At this point, let's just allow him to extricate his foot from the bear trap and invite him to post again with us on LRH.
None of his conduct was considered "reprehensible" and he has in no way had any actions taken against him here on LRH. The only problem was that his thread did not comply with one of the site rules and that rule exists for a very good reason, and that has already been mentioned. Handle it privately off forum and communicate with the source of your problem. Strange how this usually seems to help the situation. No action was taken in defense of Dave or anybody else. It's simply a site rule that applies to all members and all vendors, suppliers and manufacturers.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.