Noslers new cartridge cases

Ian M

Talked to Nosler yesterday and was told about the new brass they are marketing. They are having brass manufactured to their specs, then they are essentially match prepping it the way many serious reloaders would. Includes sorting by weight, chamfering, primer pocket prep and even a final sizing to improve concentricity.

Will be shooting some very shortly, should be interesting to see how it performs. Don't know anyone who really enjoys doing all that stuff to their brass, now it is done for us
smile.gif

This sounds like a great idea Ian.
Did they indicate what calibers these cases will be available?

This is from the Nosler forum:
Nosler Custom Brass

In stores Dec 2004

22-250
243 Win
270 Win
7mm Mag
30/06
300 Win Mag

Chamfured neck (Inside and Out)
Expander ball run thru to true the neck
Deburred the flash hole
Weigh sorted (+/- .5 of a grain)

Happy Hunting,
slygunner

Will post a picture of the packaging and some cases, should have it next mid week if our antelope hunt goes as planned...

At the Nosler forum I posted a few questions about the new brass: Will the flash be drilled...No they will be punched and deburred, Will the primer pockets be uniformed...No they will be left alone, Will the case heads be machined...No they will be left alone also.
The only advantage that I can see is that some of the case prep work will be done for you and that they will be weight sorted.
If someone else has any info let me know, but for now I'm going to get Norma brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.