Nosler, what’s up???

Laguna Freak

Does anyone else find it interesting that Nosler has zero 30 cal Accubonds available but they do have ASP handgun bullets, Custom Competition bullets, 6.5 Accubonds, and some 6 and 25 cal in others? Is the market really that much better for the products they have available or has Nosler landed a sweet Fed contract and effectively told the rest of us to pound sand?

I have a bunch of 30 cal Accubonds in 180 and 200 grain. I will trade them for Berger Hybrid 215 because Berger has a similar problem.

Does anyone else find it interesting that Nosler has zero 30 cal Accubonds available but they do have ASP handgun bullets, Custom Competition bullets, 6.5 Accubonds, and some 6 and 25 cal in others? Is the market really that much better for the products they have available or has Nosler landed a sweet Fed contract and effectively told the rest of us to pound sand?
Shooters pro shop has 180 grain accubond seconds available. I take it that Nosler must have just finished making them and these are the blemishes which would mean Nosler should have them on their site soon. (At twice the price of blems)

Shooters pro shop has 180 grain accubond seconds available. I take it that Nosler must have just finished making them and these are the blemishes which would mean Nosler should have them on their site soon. (At twice the price of blems)
Actually those black oxide red tip bullets have been on SPS for a couple of months +. Not sure who or which possibly govt entity Nosler is making those for. But it seems to lend credence to my suspicions.

Not really, this time of year they sell out fast.

Well the government these days is not using .30 caliber bullets so much as it did before but there might be some headed for the Russian Front in the form of 7.62 x 30 cartridges. With that said, the .30 caliber is probably one of the most used out on the market. Accubonds not withstanding there are a lot of .30 caliber bullets out there that are just as good if not better. My personal preference is 165 gr Partitions or 168 gr Custom Competition. I mostly use Nosler and Sierra but have tried most of the others over the years and find no improvement over these two. As it has been said many times, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I have a bunch of 30 cal Accubonds in 180 and 200 grain. I will trade them for Berger Hybrid 215 because Berger has a similar problem.
Berger did land the contract and let everyone else pound sand! In my business experience I always desired 10 smaller contracts...then the one BIG ONE! I hope consumers remember this when the contract is GONE!

Actually those black oxide red tip bullets have been on SPS for a couple of months +. Not sure who or which possibly govt entity Nosler is making those for. But it seems to lend credence to my suspicions.
I doubt those were for govt entities. Black oxide coating is mentioned on Winchester's website for that AB. Bonded bullets really have a limited function for govt use. The 30-180 is a pretty popular bullet for hunting so that's most likely the reason for the shortage.

Well the government these days is not using .30 caliber bullets so much as it did before but there might be some headed for the Russian Front in the form of 7.62 x 30 cartridges. With that said, the .30 caliber is probably one of the most used out on the market. Accubonds not withstanding there are a lot of .30 caliber bullets out there that are just as good if not better. My personal preference is 165 gr Partitions or 168 gr Custom Competition. I mostly use Nosler and Sierra but have tried most of the others over the years and find no improvement over these two. As it has been said many times, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Except that the .30 (.308) caliber does not fit the 7.62x39. They use .310 , (range of .309-.311)

I have been a Nosler reloader for quite a few years but the current situation has put a serious strain on my Nosler relationship. Yes, I get what has been happening through all this mess on component availability with demand far outstripping supply. But in the end, there are some bullets showing up here and there from the traditional bullet makers but try to find a 7mm 160-grain Accubond without resorting to the auction sites. Don't blame Nosler for making hay when the sun shines, but I would like to think hand loaders helped establish the reputation they have enjoyed now for decades. Maybe kicking a few crumbs into the hand load market would help. Maybe they have been overwhelmed with contractual obligations. Maybe it's just my frustration!

Just now starting to try some Hammer Hunters for deer season - hopefully working up a load won't be too difficult and it is sure nice to order and not worry about receiving what you need in a timely manner. Very refreshing in these times!!