Nosler RDF

Whaaaat Nosler inflate BCs? Or velocity out of a case? NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER!
Great marketing department though.

I won't shoot target bullets at large game but even if I wanted to I've been burned by Nosler's inflated BC's for the last time.

I got really excited about the ABLR as I'd always had reliable performance out of the original Accubond but while they proved to be a decent shooting bullet the dishonesty of the overblown BC's left a real sour taste in my mouth I have yet to get over.

I won't shoot target bullets at large game but even if I wanted to I've been burned by Nosler's inflated BC's for the last time.

I got really excited about the ABLR as I'd always had reliable performance out of the original Accubond but while they proved to be a decent shooting bullet the dishonesty of the overblown BC's left a real sour taste in my mouth I have yet to get over.

nice to know

I sent Nosler an email regarding there reputation of inflated BC's and suggested they should have an independent test out the RDF bullet , this is how they responded

Hornaday now has their own Doppler Radar.You can go to Hornaday's site and read, watch video. From what I've read the other companies meaning Sierra and Nosler have stepped up to give more accurate ballistic measurements. They have outsourced it to reputable companies. They need to make better bullets and advertise accurate data simply because they are getting left in the dust. I will give the Nosler a try. Quite a few guys testing all of these bullets including the new DTAC over on 6br, most with better then good results. One or two say they can't get a particular bullet to shoot for them, so it is probably barrel, bullet combo.

If a bullet design is accurate and consistent, what does it matter if it doesn't have the highest BC in its weight class?
To me it doesn't. I like shooting high bc bullets because they are more accurate at longer ranges than lower BC bullets.

What matters most to me is the honesty of the manufacturer and terminal performance.

There are a lot of very high BC bullets that don't perform well enough to suit me on the terminal performance end of things.

Controlled, consistent expansion at a wide range of impact velocities with reliable accuracy is what I'm most concerned with.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.