Nosler partition

MT257

I see Shooters Proshop has 30 cal. 180 partitions w/ cannulure. Can someone tell me what that is. I looked the same item number on the nosler site shows it as the regular partition.

Probably an overrun at the Nosler factory. Most Factory loads (Weatherby) that load Nosler Partitions have a cannelure, but the bullet might not be available with a cannelure if you buy them as a component. When I was using the 250 Partition in my .340, I couldn't find a bullet with a cannelure to reload. I contacted Nosler, and the CS rep told me the only 250 grain .338 bullets avail with cannelure was in loaded ammo.
You should notice no difference in the accuracy or performance (on game) of either bullet.

I ordered a few hundred Nosler (7mm) 160gr Accubonds from SPS. When they arrived I was surprised to see that they had a cannelure and red ballistic tips instead of the usual white ones.

Loaded them up and noticed that they shot exactly the same, at 300yds, as the regular factory Accubonds. Dropped whitetails like magic too. :)

I ordered a few hundred Nosler (7mm) 160gr Accubonds from SPS. When they arrived I was surprised to see that they had a cannelure and red ballistic tips instead of the usual white ones.

Loaded them up and noticed that they shot exactly the same, at 300yds, as the regular factory Accubonds. Dropped whitetails like magic too. :)

I bought a bunch of those with red tips , but mine didn't have a cannelure . I was told these were made for winchester factory ammo .

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.