Nosler partition vs barnes ttsx

SamuelBerryhill308

I've been looking at these two different bullets to add to my supply had anyone used both in a 308 win or 30-06 I'm looking at the 150 grain ttsx and 165 partition just would like some info on both the good and the bad thanks

I've been looking at these two different bullets to add to my supply had anyone used both in a 308 win or 30-06 I'm looking at the 150 grain ttsx and 165 partition just would like some info on both the good and the bad thanks
Never shot the Barnes but the 165 Partition was deadly in my '06
They always expand and tear up tissue and they either pass thru or you'll find about 100 grains under the hide

Okay I javnt used any partition before but I have heard and read alot about them.i am using the 150 trex this deer season but havnt shot anything yet to see if I like them or not

They both are great bullets, both won't have an issue taking critters at reasonable distances. They only thing I would interject is that the partition is going to expand better with slower impact velocity. The TTSX is one of the best commercial monolithic bullets but does require higher impact velocities to expand. Thats not to say it won't be great for you. Just study your ballistics and limit your shooting distance if needed.

Last edited:
They both are great bullets, both won't have an issue taking critters are reasonable distances. They only thing I would interject is that the partition is going to expand better with slower impact velocity. The TTSX is one of the best commercial monolithic bullets but does require higher impact velocities to expand. Thats not to say it won't be great for you. Just study your ballistics and limit your shooting distance if needed.
And the Nosler will do more damage, especially initially!

They both are great bullets, both won't have an issue taking critters at reasonable distances. They only thing I would interject is that the partition is going to expand better with slower impact velocity. The TTSX is one of the best commercial monolithic bullets but does require higher impact velocities to expand. Thats not to say it won't be great for you. Just study your ballistics and limit your shooting distance if needed.
That's what I have been hearing I thank I'll go ahead and get some partition to try and see how good I can get them to shoot.ivr heard alot about some rifles wont shoot them at all

Good morning, to what ranges and what game will you be hunting yearly?

I'd say shoot them both, it's less than 100 bones to give them both a whirl and let your gun tell you what it likes.

Just a thunk

Good morning, to what ranges and what game will you be hunting yearly?

I'd say shoot them both, it's less than 100 bones to give them both a whirl and let your gun tell you what it likes.

Just a thunk
I can shoot out to 500 in clear cuts were I hunt at but I also hunt in Thickets as well. And I've been using the ttsx this year but I havnt had the chance to use them on anything yet

Gotcha, thx

Then I'd have a good old fashioned shoot off. Find a load for each, then go to the 500 yard line and see how they both group. And shoot at least 3 groups with each load

I don't think you can go wrong with a partition, as they just flat out kill. They have a history of success, although not in the "long range" arena. They almost always will provide an exit, although it's just the shank so will be a fairly small hole.

I have used both, and have the most experience with the partitions, but I would haft to give the edge to Barnes. Both will work, just find out which one your rifle will shoot the best.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts