Nosler or Bergara problems

Did you try to insert a new bullet inside the neck of one of the "tight" fired cases before you resize? It should slip in snug, but easily.

His case neck did not split. It was a fold from the manufacturing process.
Ive had it in factory Remington 308 Win Ammo and I sent it back to be examined they were ( me picturing them shrugging their shoulders) ah, it happens. No big deal. They did give me a coupon for a replacement box of bullets.

I had a customer bring in 5 boxes of 28 Nosler ammo Wirth 160 partitions and all the brass was to long . Same thing hard to close bolt . If I remember right it was .008 to long at the shoulder. I called Nosler 3 times and never got to speak to anyone. He paid me to pul all the bullets, I dumped powder , resized and used brass for handholds. Not the first time I've heard this. Good luck .

Update, FL sized brass fits nicely. Luckily it was the ammo. I've got a ladder loaded up and gonna be working on load development this week. Working up a load wouldn't be possible without the help and components I've received from members here, it's a great community! Bob Wright even gifted me some primers without ever having met or talked before, a real nice buy in person too

Update, FL sized brass fits nicely. Luckily it was the ammo. I've got a ladder loaded up and gonna be working on load development this week. Working up a load wouldn't be possible without the help and components I've received from members here, it's a great community! Bob Wright even gifted me some primers without ever having met or talked before, a real nice buy in person too
Glad to hear a conclusion was reached and a remedy found. Thanks for posting - LRH folks are always ready to help!

Follow up post in case someone came across this thread while doing research. The gun in question is shooting very well imo. Last time I was at the range it shot a 3 shot group in the .6"s and a 3 shot group in the .3"s @ 100 yds using my handloads with nosler 26 nosler brass, 184 gr berger f-open hybrids, 90.1 grs of US 869 and Fed 215 large rifle magnum primers. This was with fl sizing annealed brass and a small shoulder bump ( I don't yet have a headspace gauge but I pulled fireing pin and ejector to set up sizing die to where bolt just falls on its own). Thank you all again for the help learning about this obsession.

Recent Posts