Nosler or Bergara problems

Depends on what bullet you're shooting. I'd say it's too fast for the 28 Nosler and any bullet that makes sense to shoot out of that large or a cartridge. Personally I don't want to shoot anything under 175 (really I want to stay well over 175), to me that's just not what that cartridge is best suited for, I also have a 1:8.
1:9.5 for this rifle, berger's calculator shows I should be able to stabilize their 184s with it at my altitude (about 5000ft). Gonna try them out and see, I already have 100 of them. Thanks for the input on the powder, think it would be appropriate for a coues deer/antelope specific load with a bullet in the 140 range?

1:9.5 for this rifle, berger's calculator shows I should be able to stabilize their 184s with it at my altitude (about 5000ft). Gonna try them out and see, I already have 100 of them. Thanks for the input on the powder, think it would be appropriate for a coues deer/antelope specific load with a bullet in the 140 range?
Could be, at that point the only 140 class bullet I'd be shooting is probably a Hammer. I have different guns to shoot lighter bullets and I'll set a gun up to shoot a certain bullet. I'm certainly not a fan of having multiple loads for one rifle, I'm more of a specific gun for a specific purpose type of guy. Right now, I have 175gr ABLRs, 177gr Hammers and 195gr EOLs for mine. The only reason I have the 175gr ABLRs is because they're leftovers from a buddy's Christensen. I'm not sure but I think you might have a hard time stabilizing something like a 180+ bullet in the 9.5 down in coues country, I'd still want to shoot the 180gr+ bullets.

On another note, that same buddy with the CA in 28 Nosler had the same sort of pressure signs in his rifle. Fortunately I haven't had that issue in my rifle, I've only had a few rounds fail to chamber and they was because of the crushed shoulder from the factory. Still no pressure signs. I have a semi-custom Savage with a Proof barrel, a complete tear down and rebuild, only thing left from Savage is the action.

Hi all I recently purchased a bergara b14 chambered in 28 nosler. Picked up 2 boxes (20 rounds each) of Nosler ammo loaded with 150 grain etips as it was all I could find in stock and took the first few shots with the rifle today. I shot a total of 5 shots and all 5 took some effort to chamber and all spent cases are showing ejector marks on them. Not super pronounced but just enough that I can feel them with my thumbnail. Not sure how serious that is as I'm new to this. When I got home I cycled all of the ammo through my gun and sorted it into 4 groups with the no. 1 group cycling as if on an empty chamber and the no. 4 group requiring significant effort to cycle with a few rounds being stiff enough that I didn't want to try to close the bolt. The grouping is as follows: Box 1, Group 1= 1 round, B1G2= 1 round, B1G3= 2 rounds, B1G4= 11 rounds. Box 2, Group 1= 2 rounds, B2G2= 6 rounds, B2G3= 5 rounds, B2G4=7 rounds. Now that I've somewhat explained the anecdotal information I have, what should be my next step moving forward? Also how concerned should I be with the ejector marks that I'm seeing? The primers are slightly flattened with almost non-existent cratering. Do you think that the chamber is tight or is nosler perhaps having serious issues with consistency right now? It seems to me that nosler is having problems due to the wide variation in "chambering feel" that I'm having. Thanks for any input! Side note, the first shot that I fired appeared to have a split case neck, however upon examination the case neck was not split but folded over and crimped for lack of a better term.
Slightly off topic....but did your thumb hurt RIGHT AWAY when you whacked it? .I'm thinking it sure did!.....on topic...my first call would be to Nosler!!!

Slightly off topic....but did your thumb hurt RIGHT AWAY when you whacked it? .I'm thinking it sure did!.....on topic...my first call would be to Nosler!!!
Oh it hurt but I always say God gave me two hands for a reason, one to swing the hammer and one to smash with the hammer haha. Nosler is sending me a shipping label

Called Bergara stateside and was told to check the torque on my optic rail screws. Called nosler and they are willing to exchange it for me. He said that rifles from across the pond often have minimum saami spec on the chamber and that ammo from a different lot usually solves the issue. Kind of hesitant to send it back though as I could just disassemble, resize, and reload with the berger 184s that I have.
I would be skeptical of Nosler's explanation. I'm sure we have all heard those 'across the pond' stories like Sauer and Sako being notorious for quality control. BS!! Your B14 is made in Spain and the Elite line is made in Georgia USA. I am familiar with both and the ones I've shot shoot lights out and good guality control.

I would be skeptical of Nosler's explanation. I'm sure we have all heard those 'across the pond' stories like Sauer and Sako being notorious for quality control. BS!! Your B14 is made in Spain and the Elite line is made in Georgia USA. I am familiar with both and the ones I've shot shoot lights out and good guality control.
Nosler rep mentioned Sako and Tikka in reference to small chambers from Europe, but with my situation why is there such a spread in case size that some fit perfect and some won't chamber. Tells me that either the chamber is within spec or nosler is putting out cartridges that are smaller than saami which I doubt. At least they're more than willing to address the issue for me.

Last few lots of Nosler ammo I shot through my 308 was terrible, 1.5-2" "groups" (more like shotgun pattern, gun shoots fed gold medal ~.75"), pretty inconstant velocity and some erratic pressure signs on the brass. This was all bought pre-panic back in 2019 or so.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to think this is a rifle issue 🤷‍♂️

Ejector marks with lack of flattened primers on a new gun makes me think the chamber might have just a slight amount of oil/solvent in it, especially if you cleaned it before the first shots.

ETA: as others have suggested, get a headspace comparator and measure the unfired ammo, I'd also measure the headspace on the fired cases and compare to the unfired cases that wouldn't chamber and see if they are longer or not.
Last Bergara I bought wouldn't group 1.5". About 1.63" was as good as I could get, and generally 1.75" - 2". This was a new 7mm-08 Ridge model. Tried adding a pressure point along the barrel channel and groups went to over 2". The one before that I I had was a .270 Timber, which was a beautiful gun, and shot generally around 1 MOA, with one exceptional load around 0.60". It was as heavy as an anvil it felt like. Just not a Bergara fan anymore. No experience, but read shooting instructors say the Premier models have extraction and ejection problems after a day or two in the field under adverse conditions. I'd sooner have a Browning for comparable money if I couldn't find a Fierce or Seekins in a caliber I liked. I think the CVA single shots with Bergara barrels are more accurate than the B14s... In my limited experience they have been for sure. They were influenced by Remington I know, so they must have shared notes on cost savings during QA.

Nosler rep mentioned Sako and Tikka in reference to small chambers from Europe, but with my situation why is there such a spread in case size that some fit perfect and some won't chamber. Tells me that either the chamber is within spec or nosler is putting out cartridges that are smaller than saami which I doubt. At least they're more than willing to address the issue for me.
I got a bad batch of Nosler Custom in 375 Rem. Ultra once. Cases dented, seating depths all over the place, etc. The shop foreman personally responded and sent me knew product and assured me the technician loading my batch had been terminated. That's been several years. Response was great, but how did they get out unnoticed to start with?

I got a bad batch of Nosler Custom in 375 Rem. Ultra once. Cases dented, seating depths all over the place, etc. The shop foreman personally responded and sent me knew product and assured me the technician loading my batch had been terminated. That's been several years. Response was great, but how did they get out unnoticed to start with?
Fairly strange isn't it for what is supposed to be a premium brand!

I am really surprised to see a split neck on first fire. I don't quick feel the ejector mark is correct. Primer doesn't show high pressure, but not all primers react the same. Case maybe not size correctly to start being some won't chamber or tight. If you don't have the equipment to check it out maybe a friend does.