Nosler New #9 Manual - A Bit Disappointing!

Far North Hunter

Just received version #9. I would appreciate hearing others thoughts after your looking through the contents?
I always page tab each cartridge I own and reload for. I found I didn't need near as many Avery tabs for this new manual. But then I don't own any Nosler chambered rifles either. Only fair the manual should include those chamberings.
I felt there would be more data on newer and improved cartridges, it's not there! Get it from other manuals and on-line I guess.
For me this was disappointing. Your thoughts?

I have the last Hornady and the new Sierra, this last one I have liked the most as it has all the new powders and its not as conservative as the Hornady.

On the new Nosler I would expect to see some newer powders, like the extreme and enduron lineups, are they included in this last one?

TIA

I've got Berger, Norma, Nosler and Sierra manuals on the way. When I get mine I'll let you know.

I haven't seen it so I cannot say. I can say that I emailed Berger yesterday morning at around 7:30 AM and Philip got back to me in 10 minutes! Now I can't say, or would expect, a response that fast to emails. but boy that's impressive service. I now have the loads for one of the few bullets that shoot in my 22-250 barrel.

I felt there would be more data on newer and improved cartridges, it's not there! Get it from other manuals and on-line I guess.
For me this was disappointing. Your thoughts?
I can understand your disappointment. Since I don't know which cartridges you're speaking about it's for me to say anything. But I understand your disappointment for not getting printed data on the cartridges you want to load for. They can't please everyone or print every cartridge out there. But I'd be disappointed for not getting the most bang for my buck.

Not too impressive. The index shows 9 new cartridges but 5 of them are proprietary Nosler cartridges. The printed pages themselves are weird and are harder to view than the #8 manual, if that makes sense. Even the cover is down-right ugly. LOL

One interesting thing that I did notice was in the 6.5PRC data. Norma MRP powder produced HIGHER velocity than the mystical RE26 in most bullet weights.

I can say that I emailed Berger yesterday morning at around 7:30 AM and Philip got back to me in 10 minutes! Now I can't say, or would expect, a response that fast to emails. but boy that's impressive service.
I have been very impressed with Berger's tech support too; most of the time, it's with Cory.

Mine has been sitting in a Missouri post office for 5 days now. No rush as it sounds disappointing. Sierra is my favorite. It provides some new rounds and powders. A better selection than others for the 46 yrs since I started handloading. I heard Berger's book is disappointing also so I didn't bother. I have Norma, hornady, Sierra, nosler, Speer, lee, lyman, accurate, and some others.

I have been very impressed with Berger's tech support too; most of the time, it's with Cory.
Nosler had an excellent "customer satisfaction" guy too named Mike. But he has since retired. I'm sure whoever they got to replace him is pretty awesome. Heck I know the R&D Engineer has occasionally answered questions on the phone in the past.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.