Nosler Model 48 NCH

Mark Hampton

https://www.nosler.com/nosler-handgun

Nolser has just introduced their new single-shot, bolt-action handgun. I have been shooting this handgun for some time now -- in both 22 Nosler and 6.5 Creedmoor. The handgun is extremely accurate and will be a welcome addition to the handgun hunting community. Check it out in the link above or go to Nosler's website.

I'm glad to see somebody bringing out new specialty pistol, but I'm a little disappointed by the chambering options. This would have been a great platform for one of the short mags.

Since you've spend a fair amount of time with one, how do you like the AR pistol grip on there? I've had SPs in chassis using an AR grip and the grip angle just didn't work well for me. I didn't like the way it handled recoil, but that was on an unbraked 284 Win and a fairly lite weight 300 WSM. Maybe it works better on the more moderate chamberings.

I like the new Nosler Custom Handgun. Someday, I'll consider one, if I can't locate another decent XP-100.

For me, personally, I like the idea of the AR15 grip. Plenty of grips to fit the hand better.

I also would be surprised if Nosler wouldn't chamber one in a short mag, including their own rounds.

I like the new Nosler Custom Handgun. Someday, I'll consider one, if I can't locate another decent XP-100.

For me, personally, I like the idea of the AR15 grip. Plenty of grips to fit the hand better.

I also would be surprised if Nosler wouldn't chamber one in a short mag, including their own rounds.
I changed the AR grip (Hogue) that came with the gun to a Royal Arms grip. It's a target/tactical type grip with more of a vertical angle. Really like it.

Nice offering. If it had a few rounds of a magazine and a bolt that could be run with the left hand, that would be even better.

Nice offering. If it had a few rounds of a magazine and a bolt that could be run with the left hand, that would be even better.

Sounds a lot like the Savage Striker. Unfortunately, they are not popular. I have had a Striker Safari multi caliber pak available for months and not one inquiry. Maybe I need to raise my price to the NCH level, say $2400?

Although I like the NCH styling, I'm with Harry on my desires.

Larry
Tinkerer

Sounds a lot like the Savage Striker. Unfortunately, they are not popular. I have had a Striker Safari multi caliber pak available for months and not one inquiry. Maybe I need to raise my price to the NCH level, say $2400?

Although I like the NCH styling, I'm with Harry on my desires.

Larry
Tinkerer
Your post is closed. Perhaps bring it back and you'll get some offers. I'd personally recommend putting that up on steelchickens.com, the silhouette guys eat those up.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.