Nosler m48

dogbuster0006

Has anyone played with one of these yet? Would there be any advantage to going this route vs building off another action? I've got a couple rem700 but looking for a better fit an finish than an off the shelf gun usually provides. I don't have to have full custom builds but want something nice. I know having a gun build to my spec is great an all but is it that much better?
Price wise I've found one for $1400 plus tax, being turn key no long wait times once I mount a scope and brake I'm in business.
I want to run a rifle scope and bipod for better precision. I know my eyes will only get worse as I age.

I've got the encore and that's got me hook line and sinker. I had some deer come out at the edge of my field and hang up until too dark to shoot last night. If I had a bipod and rifle scope I'd be smoking back straps instead of fighting the wind and rain today.

dogbuster0006, I've been shooting the Nosler pistol since it was introduced. Actually I was working on a proto-type before introduction. They are very accurate rigs. I've got three now - and many of my friends and family have bought one. No complaints from any of them and they all are well-pleased. I've taken quite a few head of big game with the 6.5 Creedmoor including dall sheep. Getting one for around $1400 is a real bargain for this quality.

No, I didn't even know about those. It was just the regular rifle. I shot a 162 eld-x over 59 gr of rl22 if I remember right. It was 2940 I believe. It's true 1/2" rifle. Soft shooting, kinda miss that thing.

I've had my eyes on the Nosler pistols since they came out. If it were a left hand bolt with more caliber options, I'd already have one.

It would be a lot easier to buy the Nosler than to try and source a good mid-grip chassis and trigger linkage to build a comparable gun.

I hope this is not taking this thread in another direction but here it goes. I really like the Nosler 48 but I'm also interested in adding a fold away brace like on the Black Collar Arms "Pig Sword". Has anyone thought of or actually done this?

Personally, I have no desire for a folding arm brace or a fixed arm brace-Just not my thing.
I don't have a problem for those who have or like them.
I can see this arm brace thing potentially changing in the future FWIW.
A rear grip specialty pistol can shoot just as accurate as a rifle.
I have a number of rear grips in a number of stock designs-They shoot great!

Ernie,
You seem to be the "been there,done that" kinda guy( I mean that as a complement). I have a desire to pursue this bolt action pistol thing but I want to think it through. I like the Nosler 48 style but I really like a walnut stock. Is there a walnut stock offered for this pistol? Would I be better off to just put a custom together? I once had a Borden XP action and it was SO nice. What about the Howa Mini action? What about the Remington XP?
Any words of wisdom?

The M48 is a great rifle. Have been running it for a few years chambered in 30 Nosler. With tuned Handloads it is consistently giving ragged holes at 200 yards. A largely underrated rifle in my opinion.