Nosler M48 liberty base

00juice

I've seen it stated that 2 piece Remington 700 bases will fit the nosler m48. Can anyone tell me if 1 piece bases for the 700 will also work?
thanks

I seem to remember differently. The spacing was longer front to back, and therefore if I wanted a sloped base, I had to buy a Warne made for the Nosler. 0degree 2 pieces would be fine. Sloped 2 pieces would not line up but would install. Maybe it has changed or maybe it was just my long action. Mine is an M48 Long Range in 28 Nosler.

I seem to remember differently. The spacing was longer front to back, and therefore if I wanted a sloped base, I had to buy a Warne made for the Nosler. 0degree 2 pieces would be fine. Sloped 2 pieces would not line up but would install. Maybe it has changed or maybe it was just my long action. Mine is an M48 Long Range in 28 Nosler.
Thanks. I anted to put a badger rail on. But, definitely don't want to spend the $ if it won't fit properly.

The hole spacing is about .2" longer on the nosler 48 long action.
Rem 700 front hole - rear hole is 5.949"
nosler 48 front - rear hole is 6.186"

I have a warne 20moa rail on mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts