Nosler M48 Leupold CDS

dakotakidd

First post to the long range forum!
Just picked up a Nosler m48 patriot in 6.5x284. Now I need a scope.
Ive been looking at the new Leupold 4.5-14 with the side focus, cds dial and the wind plex. Just wondering at what range will the dial limit me? Ill be shooting a 140 grain vld with imr 4831 at about 2750fps. Anyone have experience with a cds let me know.
Or maybe i should just go with another viper pst with a kenton turret?
Thanks guys!

First post to the long range forum!
Just picked up a Nosler m48 patriot in 6.5x284. Now I need a scope.
Ive been looking at the new Leupold 4.5-14 with the side focus, cds dial and the wind plex. Just wondering at what range will the dial limit me? Ill be shooting a 140 grain vld with imr 4831 at about 2750fps. Anyone have experience with a cds let me know.
Or maybe i should just go with another viper pst with a kenton turret?
Thanks guys!

Another option is to have the turret made in MOA instead of specifically setup for the ballostics of a caliber. I personally prefer that because I shoot anywhere from sea lever in 90 heat to 9000 feet in the teens...

I ended up ordering a viper pst 4-16. What I will do for a turret I do not know as of now. I'll have my hands full enough finding time to develope a load for the 6.5-284.

If you consider the Leupold again consider putting the TS32X1 reticle in it. Along with a CDS MOA dial it makes a pretty good combo.

I was checking out the new ones with the CDs dial and windplex reticle. Get that in the 4.5-14x50 and it is pretty much the same scope as the greybull precision optic. Maybe if I need a new scope on my 223 I'll have to get one.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.