Nosler Custom Brass

LRHWAL

Just a piece of information.

I've seen many references to this brass being Winnie, or prepped Winne (even Hornady).

I mailed a supplier who is generally pretty on the ball, looking for Lapua or Norma and was told that I may consider the Nosler. In his words: "it is made for them by Lapua".

I don't want to start any form of argument, but that's the first that I've seen that comment. I'm sure some of you out there could put the 2 side by side and comment, but that's just sharing what I was told.

WL

I am not sure that it is Lapua, but it is not Winchester brass. I should say it is not the same Winchester brass you can buy in a bag. It is very uniform in weight and measure. Of course, Nosler sells it already weight-sorted. For most calibers, I don't think its worth the extra money to get it. I got a deal on some of the .243 brass, but I would not buy it at the regular price. However, the 300 WM brass is a bargain in my opinion. I got a pack of 50 for $35 or $40. The Lapua would cost $100+. Hornady brass is poor quality in my experience with .270 and 300 WM brass.

WL,
I have the nosler custom brass in 308 win. The only reason I bought it was because it was the only brass that sportsmans had at the time. This is high quality brass and it is expensive, but you get what you pay for. This brass is prepped and weighed. I will probably get this brass from now on. In my opinion it is worth it if you don't want to have to fool around with prepping your brass.

If it's Lapua then it's Reject Lapua. A couple months ago I bought some Nosler 223 Rem Custom brass just to see if it was worth the premium price. When I compared it to the Lapua 223 Rem Brass I was very disapointed. Now I can say I have bought Nosler Brass twice, the first and last time.

I haven't noticed anything bad about this brass. I can tell you that it's not winchester or remington. This brass is wonderful in the 308 win and 300 WM. I'd rather have it than winchester or remmy brass. I have never dealt with it in 223 cal. Maybe it's different for some reason.

Is the brass anealed like Lapua is?

For the money I haven't found anything even close to the quality of Lapua for the 308 , 243 , 223 , 300Win mag and 30-06.
I will say that what ever brass thet Black Hills uses for its 300WM is realy good stuff

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.