Nosler Cartridges

Had a 30 Nosler built a year ago, proof 1:9.4 twist on a 700 action and its a shooter for sure. Below is a picture of a 5 shot group, H1000 with a 210 Berger, velocity 3020 with single digit ES/SD.

Attachments

• IMG_5598.jpg
    IMG_5598.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 60
Hello

I know I've already asked about a couple of other cartridges lol but now I'm looking into the Nosler calibers, specifically the .28 Nosler and the .30 Nosler. I don't know if I should try one of these or just go with a 7 RUM or a 300 Roy where I have more options for rifles and ammo. Feel free to comment below.

Thanks a bunch!!
What are you trying to accomplish with it? Are you looking for a factory rifle or a custom? Do you want to shoot factory ammo, handloads, or both? Do you plan to shoot heavy for caliber bullets, max performance, and extra long range? Or just medium range, medium size bullets?

When you say both RUMS, what do you mean? Are you aware that RUMS are made in four (4) different calibers, the 7mmRUM, 300RUM, 338RUM and 375RUM?
Well he was only talking about the .284 and .308 calibers so I just figured it would be obvious which ones I was talking about….

If you're going to go the 30 Nosler route and reload, I would get a 30-28 Nosler. The 28 Nosler case capacity is more than the 30. It's easy to neck up a 28 Nosler case to 30 and then you have a 30 with more case capacity without increasing the size of the overall length.

My 2 cents…

Well the way things are going these days I think I'd just stay with the boring ho-hum plain Jane .300WM. Not sure if things are going to get much better anytime soon in the reloading world to bother with an extra 150fps. The old warrior has stood the test of time, casings and about everything else can be found fairly easily and when they can't I can't imagine what would be found for all these new-be's...better think a little bit more before springing..

Well the way things are going these days I think I'd just stay with the boring ho-hum plain Jane .300WM. Not sure if things are going to get much better anytime soon in the reloading world to bother with an extra 150fps. The old warrior has stood the test of time, casings and about everything else can be found fairly easily and when they can't I can't imagine what would be found for all these new-be's...better think a little bit more before springing..
Sometimes it's easier to find brass for the less common cartridges than it is for the popular ones

Since you're shooting factory ammo the availability of ammo should be very high on you particulars list. It would be mighty disappointing to have a new rifle and be struggling to find ammo to put in it.

How about a 300 Win mag?
That's the only thing I don't like about the Nosler calibers. If, which is a big IF, I see ammo for them it's only Nosler brand and it's pretty expensive