Nosler Cartridges

BT_1224

Hello

I know I've already asked about a couple of other cartridges lol but now I'm looking into the Nosler calibers, specifically the .28 Nosler and the .30 Nosler. I don't know if I should try one of these or just go with a 7 RUM or a 300 Roy where I have more options for rifles and ammo. Feel free to comment below.

Thanks a bunch!!

Don't leave out the option for the 300 RUM. The Nosler calibers are awfully sexy though. I have almost all of them now except for the 33 and have recently been able to find brass for all fairly easily. But if your not a reloaded finding factory ammo is a different story. I also have both RUMS and so far my fav is the 28.

Def want to reload if you go with the .28 nosler. Factory selections are expensive and not expansive. Also, make sure if you get a rifle that you either get a 1-8" twist or are content to stay at 180g and lighter with a 9 twist.

If your looking at the 30 Nos or 300 weatherby, why not the 300 PRC? Lapua brass is available, decent factory ammo selection and getting better (and cheaper) then either the nos or the bee, already throated for the heavies in a SAMMI chamber.

Hello

I know I've already asked about a couple of other cartridges lol but now I'm looking into the Nosler calibers, specifically the .28 Nosler and the .30 Nosler. I don't know if I should try one of these or just go with a 7 RUM or a 300 Roy where I have more options for rifles and ammo. Feel free to comment below.

Thanks a bunch!!
Go with the 28 Nosler luv mine you want regret it

I have a 28, 30 and 33. Like them all. The 28 is very accurate on the first shot, but doesn't group well, probably because of the lightweight, thin barrel. The 30 was the easiest for me to tune, but that could be because of the heavier barrel profile. I really like all three of them, so it comes down to what you are going to use it for. If I had to get rid of all but one, I would probably keep the 30. If you don't reload, the 7 rem mag seems like the obvious choice - can find ammo almost anywhere during 'normal' times.

Don't leave out the option for the 300 RUM. The Nosler calibers are awfully sexy though. I have almost all of them now except for the 33 and have recently been able to find brass for all fairly easily. But if your not a reloaded finding factory ammo is a different story. I also have both RUMS and so far my fav is the 28.
When you say both RUMS, what do you mean? Are you aware that RUMS are made in four (4) different calibers, the 7mmRUM, 300RUM, 338RUM and 375RUM?

The 7mag could be pretty sweet if set up right ,that's the key !, I'm thinking 1/8 twist should be ok for the 195 's if I'm wrong someone will tell us,watts box would be a must ,if in your 30 fan the 300 win/mag is also cheaper to feed ,remember it's your rifle build it your way , jmho,cheers

So the wife and I have a 26 and a 28 nosler. I'm on my second 28 nosler. I do like like the 28 a lot. I also have the 7mm stw and building a 7max. That said when it comes to 30 cal the rum for me is the way to go. We have a 300 prc and it's fine haven't shot any animals with it yet but my impression is it's not the rum. My rum was my favorite rifle I owned I ended up putting a 338 edge barrel on it. To answer your question 28 nosler and 300 rum. I handload so that makes a difference.