Nosler Brass

jayran

Was wondering if the nosler brass was worth the money. I Have a 7stw and have mostly rem brass some winchester brass which seems better. Any opinions?

Hi
I find nosler brass to be very good. nice and clean most of the prep work is already done. I you it in both .243 win and 300 ultra. Go for it you wont be disapointed. good luck.
Steve

Most uniform brass I have used - depending on the caliber it is worth every penny. I bought a batch when they first came out in 280AI. I was very satisfied with the results and ordered another batch. Second batch was also very consistent BUT the individual weight of the brass was different from the first lot number I received. I think that Nosler or whoever makes this brass has some sort of pretty good sorting system set up where everything within the lot is the same but different lot numbers may vary. Bottom line is I wish that I'd have ordered all I needed and specified that I wanted it from the same lot number.

Good idea ordering all you will need to get if from the same lot........I also tried some in 280 AI and love it! A lot easier and saves time, money and wear and tear not having to fireform brass. I always prep my new brass but it is nice already having it prepped and weight sorted. I plan to try more Nosler brass. I highly recommend it especially in the 280 AI.

I have used the nosler brass for several years. Very little prep work needed initially, very consistent. The only complaint I have heard some guys say that the brass is a little soft. I haven't experienced this though.

using it in my edge right now and all i have heard is that it is soft but i gotta say it seems pretty stout to me. I think the average load is 92 gr. of h1000 in a edge and i have had mine up to 94 with no issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.