Nosler Brass

Norma makes Weatherby brass and used to make a lot of Nosler Brass. I have 257 Bee brass with Weatherby, Norma and Nosler head stamps. The brass was acquired over a number of years. ALL of them weigh exactly the same and all are within 1 grain of nominal. I basically primed and loaded, no other prep. Many clain the brass is on the soft side, I load them to book max and have some with 12 firings on them, always neck sized, and still going strong.

gDgwvyrl.jpg

I have question on this Nosler Brass topic. I find Nolser brass ,of excellent quality , is much heavier than my Winchester Brass, in 270 Win Caliber . Should I reduce the load from 59.5 which is my hunting Load, back to 59.2 Grains of H 4831 which was my accuracy load ??? The load will be used for White tail deer hunting only.

I bought 100 pieces here a few months ago in 300wsm. Probably 15 of them had dented necks, every single one was about .010" short of hornady's listed trim to length, none of the necks were square and were actually pretty rough. As far as weight goes, they were all so close I all else was forgiven. I would say I was disappointed with how they came out of the box but after a few firings, any gripe I had has been remedied. Good brass, but I would still fully prep everything out of the box

I have turned to Nosler brass for my 270 win and .308 win during the last 3 years and now will use no other.
Cases, weigh truly within one grain apart. Using it as is, gives me consistent small standard deviations. The pressure needed to seat bullets feels very consistent. Being older and getting more lazy, I find brass prepping incredibly boring and monotonous, akin to dry walling or painting walls. I therefore happily pay extra for the high quality Nosler brass And skip the brass prepping stages. Now it is just priming, loading powder and bullets, making for me handloading a lot more pleasant. Of course eventually, I will have to prep the fired cases.

I have question on this Nosler Brass topic. I find Nolser brass ,of excellent quality , is much heavier than my Winchester Brass, in 270 Win Caliber . Should I reduce the load from 59.5 which is my hunting Load, back to 59.2 Grains of H 4831 which was my accuracy load ??? The load will be used for White tail deer hunting only.

@Mike_Cass The Nosler factory is accurate brass, in the 28Nosler but, it's the wink link, in the chain of performance. When I was using it for mine, I was lucky to get 3, firings out of my brass, the case web is weak/soft and prier pockets expand on the first firing?! The 28Nosler is capable of way more performance, than the Nosler brass will allow and to that, Hornady 28Nosler was better was better but, it had to be annealed before loading, because it wasn't from the factory. After a run through the annealer, they were good to go!
The best choice is, Peterson! With Peterson I can get to 3150fps node (there's a lower node around 2900-3000 using Nos cases & 175-180 grain bullets but, that still expands the primer pockets), with 195 Berger's and Ramshot LRT, without issue! It's my current hunt load with the 27" barrel. This current load, is still not max, in my rifle, that's just where I want to run it, where speed and accuracy I want converge.

They are very busy, ive emailed and they have responded everytime atleast by the next day.
I was meaning, I subscribed to the "email in stock notification", but it was, I either never got one or was too late?! Not a problem, either way, I'v never used ADG, so I have no opinion, good or bad. I'v different calibers in Peterson and it's the real deal. High pressure load approved in 6.5CM, 28Nosler and I just loaded up my 25 Creed, with the 135 Berger, to see how it performs, compared to the Alpha that I currently use? I pretty much know, it will will exceed the Alpha in performance.

Last edited: