Nosler Brass

Mike_Cass

Just had a 28 Nosler built and I am going to reload for it. I have 100 prices of the nosler brass. The box says it's
Already been prepped and ready to load. I've never used nosler brass before so, what's the general thought? Has it been prepped and ready to go? Also, should I bump the shoulders before fire forming or after?

Just had a 28 Nosler built and I am going to reload for it. I have 100 prices of the nosler brass. The box says it's
Already been prepped and ready to load. I've never used nosler brass before so, what's the general thought? Has it been prepped and ready to go? Also, should I bump the shoulders before fire forming or after?
I ran some straight out of the box just to see and it was perfect, great groups with single digit ES and SD, I was amazed

I loaded some new Lapua brass in 6.5PRC without doing anything to the brass. The inconsistent pressure required to seat bullets was ALARMING. I ran an expander mandrel through the balance of the brass and then ran them through my bushing dies. All the bullets now seated very smoothly without the inconsistency noted above.

x6 on push a mandrel through the necks. If I'm going to cut the pockets I'll do it when the brass is new and not after firing usually.

Last edited:
Primer pockets on mine needed to be uniformed. Wouldn't seat primers below case head.
Had to neck turn to get .004 clearance on match chambers.
These were purchased about 5 years ago for a 7RM.

Recent Posts