Nosler Brass

Mike_Cass

Just had a 28 Nosler built and I am going to reload for it. I have 100 prices of the nosler brass. The box says it’s
Already been prepped and ready to load. I’ve never used nosler brass before so, what’s the general thought? Has it been prepped and ready to go? Also, should I bump the shoulders before fire forming or after?

ButterBean

LRH Team Member
Just had a 28 Nosler built and I am going to reload for it. I have 100 prices of the nosler brass. The box says it’s
Already been prepped and ready to load. I’ve never used nosler brass before so, what’s the general thought? Has it been prepped and ready to go? Also, should I bump the shoulders before fire forming or after?
I ran some straight out of the box just to see and it was perfect, great groups with single digit ES and SD, I was amazed

LVJ76

LRH Team Member
I usually give them a look and load them up. I've had to put 2 pieces through the die due to a bent mouth and this is out of 200 of them.

Varmint Hunter

I loaded some new Lapua brass in 6.5PRC without doing anything to the brass. The inconsistent pressure required to seat bullets was ALARMING. I ran an expander mandrel through the balance of the brass and then ran them through my bushing dies. All the bullets now seated very smoothly without the inconsistency noted above.

QuietTexan

x6 on push a mandrel through the necks. If I'm going to cut the pockets I'll do it when the brass is new and not after firing usually.

Last edited:

Bob Wright

Primer pockets on mine needed to be uniformed. Wouldn't seat primers below case head.
Had to neck turn to get .004 clearance on match chambers.
These were purchased about 5 years ago for a 7RM.

morgaj1

LRH Team Member
I have always neck sized, uniform primer pockets and debur flash holes. Then I know for certainty what my starting condition is at with Nosler brass. Never saw case mouth dinged up but felt more secure neck sizing to insure.
^^^This