Nosler brass

I'm just fire forming my first 50 Nosler cases from 300 RUM to 270 AM and so far I am pleased.

With only fire forming loads w/lighter bullets I "get the feel" that they are a bit tougher than REMs. Well see when I get to the pushing the 195s a bit.

It was tough to spring for them but I'm pretty comfortable with the purchase.

Harv
I would like to add a question to your post.

Has anyone weighed the cases (nosler) and how close were
they.

also has anyone ordered a batch later and weighed them against
the first batch.

I had heard that they weight sorted to make them more consistent
but if you orderd later that they would all be very close but could
be different from the first batch.

Sorry two question,s

Just wanted to know before I buy some.

Thanks
J E CUSTOM

J E,

I weighed three of them random pick out of the box. Two were identical one was wacko. Got a sudden case of the vapors and quit.:rolleyes:

I'll check the weight after fire forming is complete.

Wieghts

I bought a box of 308's today and weighed them. All 50 within 1/2 grain. OAL of the cases were all within 4 thous.

It's all good!

I have spent all kinds of money on brass, Remington, WW, Hornady, Nosler, Lupua. I would have to say that the Lupua and the Nosler seem to be the most consistent BRASS, not always the most accurate however! I have a ruger that will shoot Winchester brass all day long. Switch to Lupua and the groups open up. I have a Rem700 in 300 win mag, broughton 5C barrel that will shoot Lupua brass all day long, Nosler brass most all day, Remington brass real good and just plain takes a puke if I try winchester or Frontier brass. I also find that some rounds like the old standards: 06's, 270, 08's ect... don't seem as picky about brass. Custom barrels, at least mine always like the highend brass better and some of the factory barrels, well they are just freaks and shoot anything loaded any ol way. I think it's more a matter of sorting and preping, good loading skills and very good shooting skills. I don't know, just wanted to add my two cents I guess.

Brass

The reason I ask the question about sorted weigh between batches
was because as Dlebeck observed just because it's all the same weight
doesent make it shoot well.

I prep all of my brass the same way, (size,trim,deburr primer pocket
and then weigh sort to within 1 gr ,Then load the same load in each
weigh batch to find out what case volume the rifle/pistol prefers.

In my load data I make note of make of brass and weigh so I can
duplicate the load with different brands of brass if i need to,it seems
that as long as I keep the weigh(volume) the same the load performs
the same.

This could explain the reason that some rifles/pistols like different brands
of brass because of the weigh/volume difference.

So if you have a pet load write down the weight of that brass, who knows
it could come in handy some day.

And Roy I'm still interested in how you came out weighing your nosler brass

All good information that's why I like this web site ,I learn something
every time I log on.

Thanks
J E CUSTOM

Nosler 300 RUM Brass-Roy

Roy, glad to hear you are trying Nosler brass for the 270 AM. I also bought some to try, tired of the Rem crap.
Let me know how you are doing, I'm using the 169.5 gr with my 270 AM. I did weigh a batch of 50 and they were all amazingly close.
Kirby said to start with lower loads and work up, said Nosler was softer brass.

Thanks and keep in touch.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.