Nosler Brass

Orange Dust

I've now seen this twice with Nosler brass. Supposedly, prepped brass. First, .22 Nosler. Bought 250 of them. Two did not have flash holes. So much for deburred flash holes. Tried to seat bullets in them. Deformed three styles of bullets. Appears the necks have not been annealed. Solved problem with a torch. Just got a new 28. Only available brass is Hornady and Nosler. Bought Nosler. Same thing with the necks. They are so bad you cannot get the bullet back out by removing the die and grabbing the bullet with side cutters. When I get the bullets out of both the ones I loaded I will deprime all of them and anneal the necks. Ordered some Hornady brass to play with the gun. Hopefully ADG will do another run soon. Question I have is it just Me??? I've been told Norma makes their brass, But I don't think they do anymore. I've never seen Norma brass like this.

Orange, don't know if it's speculation or factual but I remember reading some post where a guy was saying/thinking Silver State ( of someone like that) out of Carson/Reno was doing some of Noslers stuff... who knows??

One thing is for sure, we get charged plenty for brass anymore and not so certain it's as quality as the sellers want us to believe ...

That's annoying. I always use Norma and Nosler in that order. Never had an issue like this. Even necks in bulk bags.

I ran into a problem with soft brass sticking in 338 Lapua, Savage rifle. Did some research and everyone said buy Lapua. So I bit the bullet and got 100... problem solved! So there can be big differences. Problem now days is all the makers of higher end brass price linearly like Lapua!

We re gonna have to go back to 223 and 308 based cases so we can afford to shoot! lol

Just bought Lapua .308 Win brass at my local shooters supply for less than Nosler or Norma. Use Lapua for everything I can, but wish they made brass for a greater variety of calibers. If what I read they do if what I've read is true. Namo who owns Lapua and Norma are said to make some brass for Nosler.

I m dating myself but been reloading for over 50 years... I never bought brass for first 20-15 years as you could pick up 06, 270, 308 and 223 off the ground. If you had access to military brass then even better; the good ole days

I m dating myself but been reloading for over 50 years... I never bought brass for first 20-15 years as you could pick up 06, 270, 308 and 223 off the ground. If you had access to military brass then even better; the good ole days
Lol, you reminded me of when I was active duty. On firing days I'd bring a watch cap in my pocket. I'd take as much brass as I thought I could get away with in my flap pocket. The soft cap kept the brass from jingling when I left. I walked really slow so the range officers didnt hear anything. I've never paid for .308 or 5.56 brass in my life.

I have used Nosler brass in my 28 Nosler and aside from the brass being soft I have not had any issues like you stated. I run it hard and only get about 4-5 loads with it. I'm going to try AtlasDG brass next. I like Lapua brass but they don't make any Nosler cartridges that I know of.

I've now seen this twice with Nosler brass. Supposedly, prepped brass. First, .22 Nosler. Bought 250 of them. Two did not have flash holes. So much for deburred flash holes. Tried to seat bullets in them. Deformed three styles of bullets. Appears the necks have not been annealed. Solved problem with a torch. Just got a new 28. Only available brass is Hornady and Nosler. Bought Nosler. Same thing with the necks. They are so bad you cannot get the bullet back out by removing the die and grabbing the bullet with side cutters. When I get the bullets out of both the ones I loaded I will deprime all of them and anneal the necks. Ordered some Hornady brass to play with the gun. Hopefully ADG will do another run soon. Question I have is it just Me??? I've been told Norma makes their brass, But I don't think they do anymore. I've never seen Norma brass like this.
I have used quite a bit of Nosler brass over the last 5 years with no issues but the necks can easily get dented or misshapen in shipping. I always run an expander mandrel to reshape the neck and set proper tension before loading. Nosler is a bit soft so if you are running high pressure loads I would find some Peterson or ADG brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.