Nosler brass strikes again

I feel your pain, but on the bright side: you've got some more volume for powder. You can either run a little more velocity or tweak it back to the same velocity you were running with less pressure.. Yeah, I hate having to retune loads for different brass.
Just takes time and several reloads to compensate the difference

Just takes time and several reloads to compensate the difference
Yes, I just seem to be shorter on time these days, lol. Corona virus got alot of folks some more time but I work for 3m and it's just made my job even more stressful than it was. We were running full bore before all of this Corona and now they've just laid a cinder block down on the gas pedal. No way we are gonna shut down or even ease up any at all. Got people in weird shifts so basically leaves skeleton crews. Sorry, I didn't mean to derail, I just had to vent. Lol.

Yes, I just seem to be shorter on time these days, lol. Corona virus got alot of folks some more time but I work for 3m and it's just made my job even more stressful than it was. We were running full bore before all of this Corona and now they've just laid a cinder block down on the gas pedal. No way we are gonna shut down or even ease up any at all. Got people in weird shifts so basically leaves skeleton crews. Sorry, I didn't mean to derail, I just had to vent. Lol.
You be safe stress can get to you rest when you can

Looks like nosler changed their 280ai brass. It's now head stamped different and weighs 20 grains less. Hope this doesn't mess too much stuff up with my loads.
I believe that norma makes nosler brass ! When I had a problem with a ruptured case a few years ago I took it to the shot show and traced it to norma ! They examined the case and never got back to me !

I starting using nosler brass maybe 20 yrs ago. Notoriously short by sometimes ALOT.
Now I avoid it like the plague......I only use it how if it is the only thing available.
Norma and of course lapua are mush better alternatives

I starting using nosler brass maybe 20 yrs ago. Notoriously short by sometimes ALOT.
Now I avoid it like the plague......I only use it how if it is the only thing available.
Norma and of course lapua are mush better alternatives
My first choice is lapua, perterson, adg, or alpha. I just went with nosler because I don't want to fireform .280 rem. But I might be going that route

I'm tagging in on this because I have both headstamps of the 280 AI Nosler brass. Honestly, I was getting the same velocities from both with a fine tuned load using the 150 LRAB. But, my gun doesn't seem to love that bullet......great one day, not so much on others. So, I've moved on to the 162 ELDX. All this coronavirus crap shut down my range before I could get final load data I've separated the two different headstamped brass, so I'll check and see what final results I get using both. Right now, I'm using the old headstamped brass to finalize load development. Haven't had an issue with primer pockets on either.
I did make a mistake and ordered up 200 cases of Hornady brass. Primer pockets are toast after 2 firings. That's just god awful.But, I'm using it for my hunting loads with the 143 gr Hammer bullets that shoot tiny groups with both new and 1x fired Hornady brass. I've got a ton left since it only took about 10 rounds of load development with the Hammers.
I'll report back on the Nosler brass and ELDX when all this crap is over.
Stay safe boys. 77BC1F29-529C-45A2-B370-F88F38A192B4.jpeg

Long and short of it, I now hear and read far more complaints about Nosler brass than I ever used to, it certainly seems to be a problem now. Hornady brass has generally been crap all along. Only thing I use it in is the 375 Ruger and I would switch in a heart beat if I could get something else.

I've had really good experience with alpha munitions brass. Heard great feedback from ADG. Wish the made brass for all I shoot.

Looks like nosler changed their 280ai brass. It's now head stamped different and weighs 20 grains less. Hope this doesn't mess too much stuff up with my loads.
have you checked case volume between the two difference may not be as much as you would think

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.