Nosler Ballistic Tip Jump

I have found BT not to be very seating depth sensity. I have had a few loads that shot great at book aol. Most I load now are .020 to .050 jump.

That has been my experience also. I normally start at .020 minimum and tune the accuracy by adjusting bullet jump untill i find the best accuracy.

I prefer not to crowd the lands and find that most bullets will shoot very good not seated against the lands. this also permits me to achieve higher velocities with lower pressures.

Ballistic tips are some of my favorite hunting bullets for distances of less than 1000 yards where higher BC bullets are not necessary and sometimes require different twist rates and lots of bullet jump (I have gone as much as .110 thousandths for secant ogive bullets before great accuracy was found.

J E CUSTOM

I shot them in 25-06,270,280,30-06 and 338 win mag All of them at factory length.They are some of the most accurate bullets I use,but just for practice .I do not like how they do on game

I don't know how far off the lands I am in any of my rifles. I load them to Nosler's tested COAL and it has worked for me. I only load Nosler bullets(BT, Accubonds, and Partitions).

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.