• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Nosler Accubond

bearhtr2

Looking for feedback on bullets. Anybody used both the accubonds and the long range version? Which did you like better and what results did you have with those? Good or Bad?

Thanks,
Mike

I have shot the regular Accubonds in several rifles & calibers and in general all have shot well. It may be a fluke but I tried the new LR Accubonds in .270, 7mm & .30 cal. last year and accuracy was not as good. Ballistic coefficient is likely better with LR version - but that does not help any if accuracy is not there to begin with. Just my two cents.

I am using, the regular AccuBond's, the 140 grain at, 3,140 FPS, in my .270 WSM and they shoot real good (easily, sub MOA) BUT watch, the Bullets OAL from, Lot to Lot, as they VARY as much as .025 ( Mine were .020 short from first batch, to 2nd !) Not a big problem, just be just be aware and set your OAL accordingly ! I called Nosler and they actually varified that they could be off that, much ( .025) from each "set up" and Run ! If you find a good load, buy several boxes of, SAME Lot # ! The AccuBond bullet, has a Tangent Ogive design, so they shoot well, "Jumped" in long Freebore Rifles like the Tikka's ! The .270 AB's, are supposed to expand, down to 1,800 FPS that gets me out to about, 750 Yards, on Game, if needed. After doing a lot of research and now shooting them,.. I LIKE them !

Last edited:
I use the 200 gr Accubond in my 300 Win Mag. I tried to get the 190 gr AB Long Range to work but the accuracy was poor so I've stuck with the regular AB. The Long Range version has a better Ballistic Coefficient.

Same with the berger vld's vs. the classic hunters long range bullets take a little work with seating depth. Some rifles just don't shoot them well

I just finished up a Range session with the 6.5mm 140s and printed a 1.2" group at 200 yards. Accurate bullets for sure. I intend to get out soon with the LRs to see how they shoot.

I can get Accubonds to shoot in virtually every rifle I own. Some rifles shoot them exceptionally well, more like match bullets. I have several boxes of ABLR bullets but they are a lot more work to get tuned IMO.

I've also read/ heard that, due to the thin Jacket, on the ABLR's that, they can expand violently, at close range and ruin, a lot of meat. The ABLR's are Nosler's idea of an extreme Long Range bullet, to compete with, the Berger's. Nosler has a lot of good products, the ABLR is kinda "iffy",.. IMO.