Nosler accubond long range

Craveman85

Has anyone had any experience with the accubond long range. Particularly the 6.5 bullets? Their bc seems highly exaggerated to me. And supposedly they work from 1300-+3000fps? Are they snake oil or are they really that good. I've got a remington 700 at hart barrels getting a 260 rem barrel put on to replace my shot out 243. I'm researching bullets that will extend my hunting range out to about 500 yards at 260 velocities and still dependably take game. Preferably dead right there so it doesn't run into Amish land. I like 1 hole not 30 of them.

I use a g7 bc of .295 for the 142gr lrab, There is a thread on here that has all the lrab tested bc. The bc that nosler gave on the 6.5 142gr is exagerated, however bases on the red neck bullet testing I have done it will be very effective. I use soaked shredded loose leaf paper packed tightly in a rubbermade bin. I have put a few of these into the paper at 100-500 yards from my 26 nosler. All ranges show a pretty decent mushroom. At 100 yards there is about an 1/8" of shank left at 500 there is about 1/3 the shank left. They are definetly softer than a standard accubond, but the do seem to hold together. Hopefully I can connect with a decent black bear this spring and give some real world results.

I was wondering about potential bone contact . I was thinking of using some leather, then pvc which I guess breaks similar to bone then ballistics gel. But then I do have my 375 for that throwing ttsx at 2800. Tested on a dead cow at 10, 150 and 300 yards it does quite well. Only recovered one bullet. I'm just kinda short on non living bovine at the moment.

Has anyone had any experience with the accubond long range. Particularly the 6.5 bullets? Their bc seems highly exaggerated to me. And supposedly they work from 1300-+3000fps? Are they snake oil or are they really that good. I've got a remington 700 at hart barrels getting a 260 rem barrel put on to replace my shot out 243. I'm researching bullets that will extend my hunting range out to about 500 yards at 260 velocities and still dependably take game. Preferably dead right there so it doesn't run into Amish land. I like 1 hole not 30 of them.

Check out >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/nosler-lr-accubonds-bc-testing-results-137554/

Yes, and the BC for the 129gr ABLR is spot on.
I'm using them in my 264WM, I get just under 3400fps out of my custom 28" barrel.
Have shot shot several animals from 110yrds to just over 660yrds. Bullet performance has been as expected. The shot at 660yrds proved the bullet loses a bit of momentum hitting the large shoulder bones, as it was stopped by a rib on the opposite side of the chest, it was a slight quartering away shot. Both lungs were jello.
I have also shot them for drop at my gongs, within .25MoA as advertised, so plenty happy with that. Out 1000yrds, they are on the money, MoA has stayed consistent for me, unlike some reports saying it opens as distance increases.

Cheers.
gun)

I think I'm going to probably use the 142 grain 6.5. Just in case I do see a bear and I have the rifle. For now the farthest I can shoot where I hunt is 324 yards. If the farmer who owns three land buys the next field like he wants to then I can get out to just over 500. Problem is finding a range to practice at that distance. I live in the foothills of the adirondack mountains so it's very hilly, wooded and lots of roads. When you start getting away from the roads there's too many trees or the terrain makes it so you can't see that far. Most of my long range practice is actually across a small lake up north. I set up targets at various places by canoe on the opposite shore then paddle back and shoot away.

I take it you didn't use one of noslers loads for that 264. Fastest they show is at about 3130. Their loads seem very lawyer friendly though. But they don't appear to be as subdued as hodgdons data. Nosler told me to use their 140 grain data for the 142 ablr which is around 27-2800 fps with that 719 bc that puts it at 800 yards before it drops before 1800 fps/1000ftlb. I have seen where some people are pushing the smk over 2900 fps which would be amazing if I could duplicate that.

I shot allot of big game with 7mmRemMag 160gr Accubonds but nothing yet with 168gr ABLR's. Would you all think that performance on game would be similar for both bullets?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.