Nosler AccuBond Long Range

REW

Have any of you loaded an 150g Nosler AccuBond Long Range slugs?
I was wondering what you guys are coming up with.

I would like to get 3300(ft/s)

Any help would be great

Love the forum!

3300 is doable depending on your barrel length. Somebody posted a load with 150 LRAB's behind 84.5 grains of H1000 and 215M primers getting 3315. Don't know barrel length.

I've shot both the 168's and 175's - They shoot very well.

Not exactly apples to apples but: I have a 24" barrel and with 150 gr Barnes TTSX and 81.5 gr of H1000 I get 3250 fps. I only get about 4 reloads with Nosler brass. 9.5 twist.

Must say though 84 grains of H1000 behind a 150 seems like a max PLUS load...

My hunting partner is using 80 grains of H1000 behind his accubond long range 168's.

Per Nosler, they have a max load of 82 grains of H1000 for the 150gr ALR. I know that these are recomendations, but still good to look at. Let your rifle tell you what it likes, from pressure signs, accuracy, brass life, things like that.

The RL 25 was over 3300 fps in their barrel.

The barrel used in their testing is a 24", so a 26" or 28" might have some more speed.

I have not used the 150gl ALR yet, but want to as my one STW shoots other 150gr loads really well.

Here is the latest data from Nosler. This will give you an idea where to start or head to get to what you want.

7mm Shooting Times Westerner (STW) Load Data

Thank you!
I have all the Nosler data #7 Reload Manual and of course the online stuff as well.
Sounds like RL25 works pretty good for velocity.
I just took a tour of Nosler February 6, 2015. I have had nothing but great luck with Ballistic Tips, AccuBonds and Partitions.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.