Nosler Accubond Long Range Bullets

disapointed to see the 6.5 have the lowest bc of them all. why didn't they make a 140gr? But very happy to see he .270 thrown in there! My WSM should be happy

disapointed to see the 6.5 have the lowest bc of them all. why didn't they make a 140gr? But very happy to see he .270 thrown in there! My WSM should be happy

I'm almost 3 months late but it's still interesting. Don't be disappointed, if the given BC is right, is already higher than the "heavier" 130 gr. Berger, that in its self is not an easy feast. It'd be really interesting to see the BC for the 140 gr.

Amazing competition!

Your disappointment won't last long. Developing a new product line like this is very expensive and they are going to no doubt start small and work up in order to recoup their development costs quickly.

If this line takes off for them I have no doubt at all but that they'll add some of the heavier .264's, .284's, and .30 cals in the next year or two.

Remember LR hunters and shooters are a very small part of the market overall and so they are naturally going to produce bullets that more people will be attracted to first since Nosler is primarily a producer of hunting bullets first and foremost and not just a specialty producer.

Personally I'm sincerely hoping these fly as well their calculated BC's say they should since the AB's have proven to be such great bullets on game as far as terminal performance goes.

Even if there B.C. are off by .030 I will still have to give them a try because if they combine accubond performance in a low drag bullet....they will be worth the false advertisement! :D

Just like barnes MLR-X bullet, the real hangup may be price rather than BC or performance. Bruno's generally has very good pricing on reloading supplies. They are currently taking pre-orders on upcoming NAB - LR bullets. For the 6.5mm in 129 grain, the price is $50.96/100. Compare that to Berger's 140 grain VLD at $38.44/100 and it's sucks the excitement right out of the air. Even the old tried-and-true regular 130 grain AB only goes for $31.72/100. Nosler has a huge premium tied to this bullet. Anyone find them cheaper?

In regards to the Nosler's LR BCs' accuracy, my take is that them values are going to be pretty close to whay they will be finally disclosing. The reason for that is because Nosler is heavily stepping into Berger's territory as well as other manufacturers, the least thing that Nosler needs is a being publicly trashed because they published wrong BCs.

IMHO the BCs will be very close! I hope I'm right! :) :rolleyes:

In regards to the Nosler's LR BCs' accuracy, my take is that them values are going to be pretty close to whay they will be finally disclosing. The reason for that is because Nosler is heavily stepping into Berger's territory as well as other manufacturers, the least thing that Nosler needs is a being publicly trashed because they published wrong BCs.

Well, that makes alot of sense, afterall no doubt they know that a large percentage of people that will be loading these bullets also hang out at least some on shooting forums. Let's hope that logic was used.

Concerning availability, I don't see how they can deliver as promised, right now they can't crank out enough 30 cal. BT's to meet demand & are buried.

When I was actively hunting, Nosler PT was the holy grail, and several people were complaning about it's price. The PT was all I ever used for hunting big game, and they were worth the money. Then I took personal delivery of Trophy Bonded Bear Claw bullets (non tipped) in .375 from Jack Carter, the originator, @ $2 a piece. If I remember correctly (vaguely), Nosler PT in .375 was out of production at that time. Now LR hunting demands lots of practice. I sure hope the customers can bear the cost of Nosler new venture.

I'm not convinced that Nosler will change their behavior... They know that most people aren't as well informed as those of us who visit this site at least a couple of times a day. The majority of buyers will take Nosler's BCs at face value... They do today.

Based on Litz's field validated data Nosler tends to inflate their BCs by about 10%. I unusually multiply their published number by .9 as a starting point if Brian hasn't developed better numbers. I hope their numbers are more accurate but if history is any indication and if .9 plays out...

168grn 7mm will have a G1 BC will be .587
175grn 7mm... =.605
190grn .308... =.576
210grn .308... =.657

... 7mm numbers seem realistic... But still hard for me to believe the 308 bullets could exceed Berger VLDs.

Can't wait to play with some bullets and hope Brian can turnaround some quick field validated BCs

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.