nosler accuatebond lr bullets

I guess this is to start a good pizzing match right?

Bullets on TV shows could just be related to sponsors. Just maybe?

There are some initial reports coming out on the ABLR's. Look them up using the search box upper right.

There are plenty Berger reports, many threads with tons of field data. look them up too.

The claimed BC's of the ABLR's are pretty inflated. We all knew that before they hit the shelves.

Every Berger I have used in 7mm or 30 cal the advertised BC's are spot on.

The 1300 FPS expansion is possible with the thin jackets and tips. But actual proof is not out here yet for sure on game at 1300 impact velocity. I am optimistic but would rather think 1500 is a better number.

From what we are seeing them do up closer I say they would probably be better as a long range offering than under 500. That is if you are happy with the real world BC's and accuracy at distance. But that is just my personal opinion with limited actual data.

Jeff

Jeff,how well will the berger hold together at closer ranges,say 300 yds or less,my hunting friends are telling me they have been coming unglued! I am more of a meat hunter and want the least amount of destroyed meat..Thanks,Larrygun)

Jeff,how well will the berger hold together at closer ranges,say 300 yds or less,my hunting friends are telling me they have been coming unglued! I am more of a meat hunter and want the least amount of destroyed meat..Thanks,Larrygun)

Larry, we live on elk and antelope. All we hunt with these days are Bergers. Use large for caliber offerings and place them right behind the shoulder and you will not loose much meat. I find that with any bullet velocity and poor placement is what generates meat loss. I will make a guess that your friends are shooting small for caliber bullets at high velocity and shoulder shooting.

Jeff

I can show you a dozen pictures of various big game animals taken with the 168 VLD .284 bullets at 100 yards or less. No problems. Included would be a black bear taken at 40-50 yds. (That's a guess - never ranged him.)

I meat hunt and meat loss is extremely important to me and I'm with Broz on this, I get much better results with the proper weight for cal Bergers than any other bullet I've shot.

The guys I know who have taken game with the ALR did not finish the season shooting them, they were way to explosive at close range and expended most of it's energy on the near side and kinda just made a hole through organs with few exits, less exits than Bergers and much more mess on the entrance side.

If I wanted minimal meat loss and full penetration at sub 400yds ranges I'd stick with the Hornady Interbond or Interlock.

They have never let me down.

We're kind of getting back into "There's no magic bullet that performs the same and high and low velocities" here.

The longest shot I ever made on game was a big white tail at 1230yds and killed him stone dead with 154gr interbond out of the STW. Still had enough left in it to punch both shoulders and bisect the spine. He never even twitched and the exit wound was under 1.5".

But remember WR, the OP asked about Nossler ABLR's compared to Bergers in "his" title and first in his thread. Then Old Corps staying on track asked a question about Bergers. That is what the discussion has been about. It is you that is turning the conversation in your favorite bullet selection direction.
Just sayin

Jeff

Last edited:
We've been shooting the 129gn 6.5 and the 175gn 7mm at over 3200fps, and have been struggling for accuracy so far. If they won't shoot at fast speeds, then ballistically they'll fall even further behind the equivalent Berger that will shoot flat out.
Gonna try them in some smaller chamberings that push them around 3000fps and see if they'll perform at that velocity.
Gotta get accuracy before even trying to work out a BC!

Good point. I have never seen any bullet that will run with the Berger as far as accuracy goes. Just another marketing ploy by Nosler as Berger continues to take away market share. Payback for Nosler for going to a 50 ct. box and jacking up the price way back when. Go Berger!:D

Paul

I think we will have to wait until enough data has been collected to see if ABLR is true to Noslers claims. If what Nolser claims for a BC is a bit off, then the data will show that there is more of the claims that are a bit off. By data I mean honest hits on honest yardage, by honest shooters.
Rupe

I think we will have to wait until enough data has been collected to see if ABLR is true to Noslers claims. If what Nolser claims for a BC is a bit off, then the data will show that there is more of the claims that are a bit off. By data I mean honest hits on honest yardage, by honest shooters.
Rupe

Rupe, for what its worth many have already tested the 210 ABLR at 1000 plus and determined it to have a true G1 BC of .610 ~.612 If you view the difference between .730 and .610 as "off a bit" then yes I think it is fair to say this particular offering is off a bit. I know of 3 complete tests that confirm these results. Just offering this for those that intend to use them, as this may help them get dialed in quicker.

Jeff

Rupe, for what its worth many have already tested the 210 ABLR at 1000 plus and determined it to have a true G1 BC of .610 ~.612 If you view the difference between .730 and .610 as "off a bit" then yes I think it is fair to say this particular offering is off a bit. I know of 3 complete tests that confirm these results. Just offering this for those that intend to use them, as this may help them get dialed in quicker.

Jeff

Jeff you took it (a bit off) as I was meaning it. No worries, I myself have not expereanced any of the ACLR in person as of yet. Funny I live 2 hours away from Nosler and haven't even talked to anyone that has uses any of the LR's. You would think that there would be more using the home boys bullets??? But then I haven't spent anytime at the COSSA 1000 range that was named after John Nosler for over a year now.
Rupe

I meat hunt and meat loss is extremely important to me and I'm with Broz on this, I get much better results with the proper weight for cal Bergers than any other bullet I've shot.

The guys I know who have taken game with the ALR did not finish the season shooting them, they were way to explosive at close range and expended most of it's energy on the near side and kinda just made a hole through organs with few exits, less exits than Bergers and much more mess on the entrance side.

Broz,WildRose and bigngreen, Thanks much for the replys,yes these guys do use bullets on the light side. I generally work in the 165-168 gr range with 308 bullets and have little problems, thinking of trying some bergers this year so thanks all .bigngreen are you an old jarhead?

Jeff

Double chronographs also confirm .610 at 2700'sec.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.