Nosler 6.5 150g ABLR??

Alright all, I contacted SPS and talked to a very nice guy there and he had said that blems are all he uses for hunting/shooting. Nosler must have really rigorous QC for their products the way it sounds. The guy said that he has not experienced any issues with any of nosler's blems, they're mostly like someone else said in a previous post, mostly cosmetic, water stains, different colored tips, scratches and sometimes cannelure.

Well, they're out of stock now so🤦🏻🤷🏻‍♂️.

They go in and out of stock on SPS and alot of the times they show in stock but when you try to add to cart they show not available

If anyone would like to try some 150s I have 200 I would sell for what I paid off from sps. $65 per 100, tax and 13$shipping. ..$145 shipped
Are you still interested in selling 200 yet?

Thanks for all the replies guys/gals.
Still trying to find these in Australia, so going by my other ABLR bullets in several cals now, I can expect the same half MoA from them and similar terminal performance.
I don't use them inside of 400, so my experience so far doesn't show them acting like a bomb.

Cheers.

I finally got around to trying some in my 260 Ackley seated to maximum magazine length.. First try with H4831 at 2845 fps..Pretty good jump also at that length. Same results as the 264 WM..

Interesting..

Attachments

• DSC01141.jpg
    DSC01141.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 87
G'day all,
Has anyone tried the new Nosler 6.5 150g ABLR in a rifle capable of pushing them to 3100fps or more yet?
Have they hit the shelves there yet?
Trying to get my hands on some for my 29" 8" twist 264WM.

Cheers.
I bought a 100 ct box recently for a 6.5 PRC. I couldn't get any brass so I purchased several boxes of Hornady Match ammo to shoot up and use for brass. So far I've shot up 2 boxes of 147 Gr. ELD-M match ammo but I haven't reloaded with 150 Gr Nosler ABLR's. I did load and shoot 12 142 Gr ABLR's breaking in a new Christensen Arms Ridgeline. I hope to start dialing in some 150 Gr ABLR hand loads this Friday but I don't expect to get anywhere close to 3100fps with a 24" barrel.

Last edited:
Reviving this thread as I finally had time to do some load development.

Using virgin Gunwerks brass, cci200's and a cbto of 2.290 which is about 2.968 col. I loaded some in magnum which is what nosler had best luck with, never used it till now, I first loaded it from 58 to 61 in half grain increments and shot it at 300 yards. Wasn't impressed with it, so I pulled the other bullets loaded to the same everything and then reloaded from 60 to 62 grains in half grain increments. Those 10 did great at 397 yards.
Tried rl26 with cci200's and same seating depth loaded from 54-56gr. Not bad but not that great.

image.jpg
Magnum 61 grains to 61.5 seems awesome, 4 shots around 2-1/4" at almost 400 yards. Not the fastest I'm sure I can go with them but I think I'm going to try between those two charges with the same seating depth and try not to waste too many components chasing speed.
E4855197-B94B-40F5-B769-822862F739E2.png

Reviving this thread as I finally had time to do some load development.

Using virgin Gunwerks brass, cci200's and a cbto of 2.290 which is about 2.968 col. I loaded some in magnum which is what nosler had best luck with, never used it till now, I first loaded it from 58 to 61 in half grain increments and shot it at 300 yards. Wasn't impressed with it, so I pulled the other bullets loaded to the same everything and then reloaded from 60 to 62 grains in half grain increments. Those 10 did great at 397 yards.
Tried rl26 with cci200's and same seating depth loaded from 54-56gr. Not bad but not that great.

View attachment 393203
Magnum 61 grains to 61.5 seems awesome, 4 shots around 2-1/4" at almost 400 yards. Not the fastest I'm sure I can go with them but I think I'm going to try between those two charges with the same seating depth and try not to waste too many components chasing speed.
View attachment 393208
I may have missed it somewhere along the thread. What cartridge?