Nosler 6.5 150g ABLR??

I have a bunch of Hornady blend and the tips are certainly messed up whether that's miscolored or misshapen nothing I'd want to try to shoot at any real distance.
Nosler doesn't call misshapened bullets blems. They discard them. I have gotten some with the wrong colored tip only. I may be just lucky but I have never gotten a bullet I couldn't or wouldn't use. You can even return your purchase. Below is Nolser's blem definition from their FAQs.

"Products are considered a blem when there is a cosmetic imperfection. This is generally discoloration on the bullet jacket or brass casing, or potentially some scratches. A blemished bullet could also have a cannelure or band."

Huh, their blems…..I wonder what classed them as blems? From what I've heard, nosler blems are really not far from the higher quality/non-blems. Can anyone confirm that?
I've ordered "blems" from SPS in the past. None of the bullets I've received ever had a blemish of any kind. It makes you wonder why the bullets are being discounted like that because they sure aren't blemished.

OTOH - the 160 Accubond "blems" that I ordered shot slightly better than their new-in-the-box bullets @ 400yds. Personally, I believe that their blems don't meet their specs in one way or another. I would not hunt with blems but they're fine for shooting paper or plinking IMO.

Nosler doesn't call misshapened bullets blems. They discard them. I have gotten some with the wrong colored tip only. I may be just lucky but I have never gotten a bullet I couldn't or wouldn't use. You can even return your purchase. Below is Nolser's blem definition from their FAQs.

"Products are considered a blem when there is a cosmetic imperfection. This is generally discoloration on the bullet jacket or brass casing, or potentially some scratches. A blemished bullet could also have a cannelure or band."
Yeah, I got these from MidwayUSA, they had a bunch and they were a good price something I won't mind shooting a bunch of out of my 6.5 Grendel but I don't think I'd try hunting with them. I have never been lucky enough to find and Nosler blems that I could actually use. I don't have any issue trying a blemished product in any way. Just my experience with another manufacturer's products. I definitely prefer Nosler over Hornady any day of the week because I think their consistency is far superior.

Yeah, I got these from MidwayUSA, they had a bunch and they were a good price something I won't mind shooting a bunch of out of my 6.5 Grendel but I don't think I'd try hunting with them. I have never been lucky enough to find and Nosler blems that I could actually use. I don't have any issue trying a blemished product in any way. Just my experience with another manufacturer's products. I definitely prefer Nosler over Hornady any day of the week because I think their consistency is far superior.
I have found the blems great for load development. Never had a problem but still use my 1sts for actual hunting.

I have a bunch of Hornady blems and the tips are certainly messed up whether that's miscolored or misshapen nothing I'd want to try to shoot at any real distance.
That's what I'd be afraid of is if you use them on game. Are they going to work like they should and etc….?

That's what I'd be afraid of is if you use them on game. Are they going to work like they should and etc….?
Who knows. They could work, they could not. I'm not typically in the practice of buying blemished bullets for anything other than fooling around. That's why the blems I did buy are for my 6.5 Grendel, that gun is just fun to shoot a lot of rounds out of.

All I shoot is nosler blems. Zero issues. They perform flawlessly. Cannot even find a reason why they were sold as blem.

Nosler blems are only sold through SPS, never through midwayusa. Other brands sell through midwayusa, but not nosler. Any issues found on blems through midway are not found with nosler blems.

All I shoot is nosler blems. Zero issues. They perform flawlessly. Cannot even find a reason why they were sold as blem.

Nosler blems are only sold through SPS, never through midwayusa. Other brands sell through midwayusa, but not nosler. Any issues found on blems through midway are not found with nosler blems.
May have to give SPS a call.

They go in and out of stock on SPS and alot of the times they show in stock but when you try to add to cart they show not available

If anyone would like to try some 150s I have 200 I would sell for what I paid off from sps. $65 per 100, tax and 13$shipping. ..$145 shipped

They go in and out of stock on SPS and alot of the times they show in stock but when you try to add to cart they show not available

If anyone would like to try some 150s I have 200 I would sell for what I paid off from sps. $65 per 100, tax and 13$shipping. ..$145 shipped
That's crazy. Not saying they're not worth it but I think the last time I bought ABLRs they were 150s in 7mm and they were like $56/box new. Sucks that prices have gone up so much.

Great information and experiences!! You don't have to post pictures if you don't want to…..
Here was the bullet recovered out of a big 4x4 mountain muley 220lbs. Broadside high shoulder/spine. Recovered under hide on off side. 142ABLR blem

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-120155_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211203-120155_Chrome.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 130
New from Nosler are $90+
Yeah, I've seen that. One of the reasons I was even shooting ABLRs was because they were a cheaper bonded and LR bullet than the others, now they're on the same level as their other similar bullets. It's just crazy I was looking at my orders from Nosler to confirm I wasn't making stuff up but it seems I never ordered any from them directly.

I have used, tested and even sectioned dozens of Nosler blems, have never found a single one with a void, a jacket that was thin or any other production faults.
I bought 10 boxes of each .338 225g Accubonds and .308 200g Accubonds. Haven't seen any ABLR blems to buy, but I would not hesitate using them for hunting either.
I have only one issue with any Nosler bullets which is the tips on the .338 225g Accubonds fell out due to something like a chemical melting the plastic. After contacting Nosler, they said it was caused by the polishing wax they started using, as soon as it was discovered that that's what was happening they changed the polishing wax, but unfortunately what had gone out was too late to do anything about.
Surprisingly, I shot them to 600 without the tips and the difference on impact was less than 4".

Cheers.

Recent Posts