Nosler 6.5 150g ABLR??

MagnumManiac

G'day all,
Has anyone tried the new Nosler 6.5 150g ABLR in a rifle capable of pushing them to 3100fps or more yet?
Have they hit the shelves there yet?
Trying to get my hands on some for my 29" 8" twist 264WM.

Cheers.

G'day all,
Has anyone tried the new Nosler 6.5 150g ABLR in a rifle capable of pushing them to 3100fps or more yet?
Have they hit the shelves there yet?
Trying to get my hands on some for my 29" 8" twist 264WM.

Cheers.
hmmmm, sounds interesting! what is the advertised b c?

I bought a couple hundred to play with... My normal load is with 8133 and 156 Bergers.. Leaving everything the same I substituted the Noslers for the Bergers and fired off a 3 shot group that went into a half inch.. That's as far as I have got. ;)

I bought a couple hundred to play with... My normal load is with 8133 and 156 Bergers.. Leaving everything the same I substituted the Noslers for the Bergers and fired off a 3 shot group that went into a half inch.. That's as far as I have got. ;)
Sounds promising, hope to hear more.

Cheers.

Has anyone read if an 8 twist will stabilize the 150gr ABLRs? I wasn't able to find it on their website.

My buddy uses the 142gr ABLR in his 6.5 Creed. The last 3 deer he hit with that bullet had giant holes blown in them. I've never seen such terminal destruction from a slow moving bullet.
What sort of range? I was considering using those bullets in mine.

This button buck was shot at (I believe) 100yds with the 142 ABLR from his Creed. It is typical of the last few deer he took with that rifle and bullet. A nice 8 point buck was hit in the neck and had an exit hole that a grapefruit would fall through.
142 ABLR.jpg

Last edited:
This button buck was shot at (I believe) 100yds with the 142 ABLR from his Creed. It is typical of the last few deer he took with that rifle and load. A nice 8 point buck was hit in the neck and had an exit hole that a grapefruit would fall through.
View attachment 316408
From everything I've read large exits are typical with these bullets. Since they have such a low expansion velocity threshold (claimed 1300 fps) they are going to have to be thinner jackets or softer lead or both. They should in theory still hold together if they are a bonded bullet but weight retention may be low.