Nosler 200 Accubond performance

D.P.

I recently worked up a long range hunting load for a friends 300 RUM. 200 grain Nosler Accubonds loaded to 3260 fps out of a 29" Hart Barrel. His first chance to try them was on a hog hunt, only the hog walked out at about 40 yards. He hit the hog quartering behind the ribs, and that was all she wrote. The bullet was recovered from the far side shoulder and weighed 129.5 grains. (aprox. 350 lb hog)
Ric will post pics.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Looks like perfect performance , gives me good hope for the loads I have worked up for a 300Wby for Elk

I personally feel the Accubond is a far superior bullet design compared to the Partition, this is just another example that proves it, a partition would more then likely have ruptured its partition and not penetrated nearly as well.

For an all around big game hunting bullet at close or long range, the Accubonds are very hard to beat. I only fear that it will not be long that Nosler realizes this and starts upping the price of them closer to the Partitions.

Hope not but we will see.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Lets hope Nosler doesn't raise the pricing on the AB's.

I'm shooting the 225 gr 338 and 140, 160 gr 7mm AB's.

The more I use them, the better I like 'em.

Regards,

JD338

What's your recipe? I've been putting alot of 225 gr Hornady SSTs through my 338 with varying results. The most accurate load thus far is 72 gr of RL-19, almost a one-hole group, velocity is right at 2750. I can get them to about 2900 with 76 gr, but the group is larger than I like.

Here's a 200 AB I killed a moose with at 200 yards. Some of you may of seen this already, it broke the onside shoulder, two ribs and stopped under the hide, weighed about 135 grains. Fired from the 300 Ultra at about 3100 fps.
fb431dbe.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.