Northwest Arkansas Long Range Shooting

Hello, Just found this forum and thought I would ask if there was progress on the range mentioned in NWA? I am getting ready to buy a rifle and would like to find a place to shoot further than 100 yds. I have read this thread and know about Ft Smith, Hobbs and Bella Vista ranges.

No progress yet. new shop derailed it for a few more months. Planning a trip to fouled bore range in Ok. as soon as it warms up a bit.

I am starting to rethink the rifle purchase. I was leaning towards a bolt gun in maybe 308 or 6.5cm. Now thinking about an AR. Since longer range places to shoot are scarce. I'll keep an eye on the thread though.

Lapuamile,

I live in north central Arkansas near Heber Springs and Searcy. You are welcome to come out and shoot with me anytime. It is probably about a 3+ hour drive for you depending on where you are at......... but I do have a 1000 yard gong set up and can shoot to 1235 yards from my bench. It is a long drive to do some shooting, but the offer is open. Just shoot me a PM sometime if you want to come out.

That's awfully kind of you. If I wasn't in SC I'd be headed your way!

I live in Lowell, I'd love to find a place. There is a guy in Lincoln who does a shoot once a month. Waldrop Range I think? Everything else I've found is 100-200y max.

I live in Lowell, I'd love to find a place. There is a guy in Lincoln who does a shoot once a month. Waldrop Range I think? Everything else I've found is 100-200y max.

See post #10 in this thread. Seems Waldrop is closed possibly??

See post #10 in this thread. Seems Waldrop is closed possibly??
You are correct, I just asked on the NWA long range Facebook group. Johnny Waldrop is the owner. It's on private land, but had to shut down due to construction being too close. What a bunch of BS.

Lapuamile,

I live in north central Arkansas near Heber Springs and Searcy. You are welcome to come out and shoot with me anytime. It is probably about a 3+ hour drive for you depending on where you are at......... but I do have a 1000 yard gong set up and can shoot to 1235 yards from my bench. It is a long drive to do some shooting, but the offer is open. Just shoot me a PM sometime if you want to come out.
May I ask you about shooting I live in the ft. Smith area and would enjoy some 1000 yrs plus ranges please send me an email [email protected] or contact me on Facebook

Lapuamile,

I am starting to rethink the rifle purchase. I was leaning towards a bolt gun in maybe 308 or 6.5cm. Now thinking about an AR. Since longer range places to shoot are scarce. I'll keep an eye on the thread though.

You can use the 100 yard to perfect your rifle shooting, 308 or whatever......put a good scope on it, zero it in, learn how to do sub-moa groups.

Then learn how to adjust the scope out to distance when needed without having to fire it to prove the zero.

Course you can do the same with an AR15, and they are TOTALLY fun guns.

Lapuamile,

I know this is an old thread, but am hoping we can still connect. I would like to sign up for this if you are still looking for members. My email is [email protected]