North Florida Shooters

We're just wrapping up another season in Apalachicola National Forest today... Weather has been crappy and the deer herd seems to be way down but the dogs don't seem to mind and the hunters, although frustrated, seemed to enjoy it....

Is there life after deer dog hunting season? Right now I don't know but will miss hearing the hounds as they chase deer through the piney woods and the chatter on the radio and the good times around the campfires....

The best part is we'll do it again next year and the year after and as long as they let us do it... It's a tradition that is deeply ingrained in the deep south and a way of life for many of us from mid December to the end of January every year.... ;)

Now I gotta get out tracking for the last day of dog hunting on public land for the year for Zone D.... ;)

Bob

Bumping this, just moved back to Tallahassee from TX. I don't have any true long range rifles, just your standard hunting .223 and .30-06, but I enjoy shooting at long distances. There's a new range here, Talon, that is supposed to have a 400 yard range done soon but I've been hearing that for awhile. If someone has some space let's gun)

I'm just south of Live Oak and travel to Blakley to shoot F/Class once in awhile. I have a cousin in Tally that shoots also, he belongs to a range over that way.

Been on the site for a while. never saw this post. I live in the Jax area and do a fair amount of 2/3 gun shooting and am starting to get into the long range stuff as well. Haven't had much of a chance to do much hunting around here unfortunately. Manly hunt in the WV area, but been hoping to get on some hogs or dogs here.

Mike

I'm new to this group, I'm fairly new to north central florida too. I see that this thread is 5yrs old. Perhaps this post won't get seen again for 5 more yrs. I'd love to have someone or a small group to shoot/compete/hunt with down here. But I can't stand biblebelt zealots & zero tolerance for listening to any of their self-righteous indignation, & judgemental lunacy BS. I'm an old school biker so needless to say, I tell it like it is & cuss like a sailor, atheist/anti theist, pot smokin beer guzzlin rockin roller lol. All of this pretty much makes me a leper & social reject here. Believe me, I'd MUCH rather be bored & no one to " play with " than have to deal with or listen to any of those kinda ppls BS for 1 second. I've been shooting/hunting/fishing since the late 60's. I only have muzzleloaders now for the last 18yrs ( result of the biker life ) but I set up my own 400yd range here & shoot traditional to super mag inlines & BP shotgun as well. Anyone cool, fun that can leave their religion & politics somewhere the heck else, can hit me up & talk about doin some shooting & hunting together. Kind regards all

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.