North Dakota Pheasant Hunting??

Greg Duerr

Was planning a Pheasant Hunt out to North Dakota. Heard from a hunting buddy that lives there that the Pheasant Population is worse than he has ever seen. Hunting all day and jumped one rooster.
Anyone from ND who can verify this. Every time I have been out there we shot a lot of birds great place to hunt.

I just got back from a eastern montana (glendive mt) pheasant and antelope. Opening day was ok we got 12 out of 6 guys but after that it went down hill quickly they said it was too dry and hot over the spring no bugs for poults

Its not great. Not the worst ever but you might need to work for your limit. Our state F&G says the population is down 60%.

It all depends on where you hunt. The eastern and central regions of ND are going to be extremely hard to get a limit. The southwestern part of the state has yielded good numbers but certainly fewer birds than in the past. It's not a bust, it's just not as good as years past.

I hunt ND every year. Last year was crazy rough and I heard this year was the same if not a little bit worse. By crazy rough I mean all 4 of us usually shot a bird every day, but not everybody limited out. I am headed out there next week - we'll see how it goes. A large part of my enjoyment comes from watching my dog work, shooting birds is a bonus. Plus, my worst day hunting is better than any day at work, so I am still looking forward to it, birds or no birds:)

We went out there last thanksgiving and struggled in the central and south central parts, but found good birds around Hettinger and further west along the southern border.