North American's Safari Challenge TV Show- LRH Sponsorship Of Contestants

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I've known Hazer Bulkley for a few years now and always enjoy seeing him in Wyoming on some of my trips out there. Nice guy and a pretty seriously successful hunter of coyotes and big game.

He contacted me a while ago to say that he has a team of hunters that are contestants in a TV show called "North American's Safari Challenge". The idea is that the teams video their own hunts and submit the footage to the show. Several of their clips will be shown on the TV show over a 3 month period. The public is invited to vote for a winner among the 4 competing teams.

The LRH job as a Sponsor of his team is to generate votes for his team.

High-Velocity-Logo.jpg

FROM HAZER:

Shawn Shults Wade Shults Hazer Bulkley

Wade and Shawn have grown up in Meeker CO and have been guiding for several years for some of the largest animals in the west with several 200 inch mule deer and white tail to there credit

Hazer is from Gillette Wy and is a full time gunsmith for over 10 yrs specializing in long range hunting rifles

Among the 3 of them they have hunted over 15 game animals from Alaska to Mexico plus Africa and over a dozen record book heads

We will bring the latest in gear and techniques and a variety of some of the largest animals around to make for an entertaining and informative show

Please take the time to vote for us we won't disappoint

The "Hunting For The Dream" North American's Safari Challenge show will be on Sportsman's Channel starting next week, airing 3 times per week for 3 months.

We'll give you details on the voting procedure soon.

Last edited:
hey hrstrech
no product clothing on show yet kind of a last min deal but it will show his web site name several times they only give us 6min segments
and we try to cram it full

Len & LRH membership in general,

I've been lucky enough to see pictures and hear stories of Wade and Shawn for many years thanks to a mutual friend, Mo, here in Jackson, Wyoming.

These guys are phenomenal! I've seen pictures of each of them at different times with monster mule deer, whitetail, and desert bighorn sheep.

Len, good job for jumping on board; and I sure look forward to setting the DVR and watching this new show over and over. As far as hunting shows go I have to admit a bias towards Western hunting, and I always look forward to programs that feature mule deer, moose, and any of the wild sheep.

Matt:)

your are right hunts4fun
these guys do a lot of hunting
we hunt together as often as we can
i build most of their rifles
shawn is coming up next week so we can enter a coyote calling contest
the first two shows show shooting coyotes out to past 1000yrds
and we get a deer over 180 inches
send me an e-mail
[email protected]
and i will keep you posted air times
or i will get them posted here some where

I got a chance to watch this week's show after recording it on Wednesday evening. Maybe the rest of you have an easier time tracking down specific shows but I had a heck of a time finding this one. It's actually called the North American's Safari Challenge and it airs on the Sportsman Channel.

I went to the Sportsman Channel web site and found the program but it didn't exactly match up my cable company's offering so I had to troll a bit. I've included a link to the web site below along with airing times for the North American Safari Challenge. The times are Eastern Standard and good luck with whatever your television providers do on their end.

Me personally, I'm rooting for Team High Velocity Outdoors. They are listed as representing Wyoming, or the Cowboy State. I'm a bit partial to Western Hunting and they did a pretty good job of showing some good stuff in the six minutes they had allotted to them.

Hazer Bulkley, a Team High Velocity Outdoors member and the fellow who contacted Len for sponsorship, and I exchanged a series of e-mails last week. He said his team's goal is to cut back on the fluff and get right to some of the more exciting parts of the hunt. I think Team High Velocity Outdoors did quite well in that respect.

If you can manage to navigate through the labyrinth of your local cable and satellite companies you'll probably enjoy this series. If you think a particular team did a good job putting together a segment you can go to the Hunting for the Dream web site, follow the prompt, and go down to the teeny weenie voting section on the lower right that calls itself a poll, and vote for your team.

I see a lot of other Wyoming folks on LRH besides me so dive on in there and vote, and tell your friends to do the same thing. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't need to sign up for anything to cast my vote.

Sportsman Channel
The Sportsman Channel

Tuesday 11 A.M.
Wednesday 6:30 PM
Friday 11:30 PM
Sunday 8 A.M.

Hunting for the Dream North American's Safari Challenge
Hunting for the dream

High Velocity Outdoors

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
hey matt
thanks for going through the trouble
i hope it wil be worth you time
just keep watching
extreme range coyotes
one tree stand but it is 170 archery white tail
big horn sheep
anti wolf show
elk
and more
working on our web site where people who cann't see it on tv can watch clips there
www.highvelocityoutdoors.com
i wonder if we are the only ones reading this thread or forums:)

The name change fooled me but I now have the Friday night airing set on my DVR.

hows the weather
got to over 30 below wind chill and 5 inches
let me know after ya watch

Well I just watched the first episode. Very well done and very entertaining.

Hazer is pretty good on camera, that's a tough job. His team sure has access to some great animals, wow.

It's also pretty obvious that Hazer's team has experience in video.

Be sure you DVR the series. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

And of course -- we need your vote!

VOTE FOR TEAM VELOCITY AT -- HuntingForTheDream.com

if you don't get the channel
a rough cut of the show is on you tube under high velocity outdoors
we have some great stuff coming up so stay tuned
thanks guys

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.