Norma vs RWS brass

pawlak1948

I'm loading for the 308 Baer. Does anyone have experience using the Norma 340 vs the RWS 375 brass for case forming?

Is RWS a better quality than the Norma brass?

Are the steps to form the RWS brass different from the Norma? If so, what are the differences?

Thanks for the advise. John

When I was stationed in Germany, a friend had me pick up a bunch of RWS .375 H&H for his .300 Win Mag 1kBR rifle. He said the case walls were so thick he couldn't use his match load. I don't have any loading manuals here now, but IIRC, the .308 Baer/.300 Wby Imp "family" holds more powder than the Win Mag.

FWIW, Lee

John

I have tried both Norma 340 Wby cases and RWS 375 cases in my 308 Baer. I was very disappointed with the Norma brass and have found the RWS cases to be far more robust. The RWS is at least as good quality as the Norma in my opinion.

Fergus

RWS are made in harder ( stronger ? ) brass quality than Norma which are more soft .

dimensional quality ( cocentricity ) is equal from RWS or Norma

that true that make forming with RWS is a hard job but limited forming work as making 30 BOOBOO from 8x68 S can be done with good forming dies , problem appera when you want to shortened the RWS because wall are thicker than other cases.

RWS have nver make 416 case , biggest one is 404 case .

Even in Europe where it is possible to find RWS case without too much problem , RWS are very costly compare to Lapua or Norma case .

Good shooting

DANTEC

good shooting

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.